FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Can’t even buy a beer during the games now. The average soccer supporter would love to know which officials voted for Qatar to host.

Blatter came out a few weeks ago saying it was a mistake. I bet he doesn't think his bank balance is nice though. I'm 100% certain he took a bribe to push the Russia and Qatar bids. Neither made sense at the time and still don't.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Blatter came out a few weeks ago saying it was a mistake. I bet he doesn't think his bank balance is nice though. I'm 100% certain he took a bribe to push the Russia and Qatar bids. Neither made sense at the time and still don't.
Mick and Titus (well Titus) having a good look over the history.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Home team loses 2-0 to Ecuador.

What's this bs about the Pommies possibly copping a ban if they do the Rainbow stand??

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Home team loses 2-0 to Ecuador.

What's this bs about the Pommies possibly copping a ban if they do the Rainbow stand??

They can’t possibly ban or fine anyone over this. Aren’t they just supporting the fifa boss who proudly declared he was gay ( amongst a myriad of other things) in a speech a day or two ago? :unsure:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Obviously not gunna happen, but seeing as Qatar has already set a embarrasing new world exclusive by being the first hosting team to ever be beaten in their first game. Perhaps all the rest of the clubs should simply pack up their *smile*, turn around n go home.

Don't even pretend to have an interest in soccer but the whole Qatar scenario has been a corrupt shambles since they were first announced and it's descending rapidly into high farce.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Obviously not gunna happen, but seeing as Qatar has already set a embarrasing new world exclusive by being the first hosting team to ever be beaten in their first game. Perhaps all the rest of the clubs should simply pack up their *smile*, turn around n go home.

Don't even pretend to have an interest in soccer but the whole Qatar scenario has been a corrupt shambles since they were first announced and it's descending rapidly into high farce.
Sure is! The last minute flip on beer being sold in the stadiums is absurd. The Qataris are clearly now telling FIFA that this is their tournament now, and what are you gonna do about it Infantino. Good to see that Qatar will be humiliated in remaining games even though the opposition will go easy on them.

In actual football news, England tonks Iran 6-2, Nederlands two late goals over Senegal, Wales a good draw with the US!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sure is! The last minute flip on beer being sold in the stadiums is absurd. The Qataris are clearly now telling FIFA that this is their tournament now, and what are you gonna do about it Infantino. Good to see that Qatar will be humiliated in remaining games even though the opposition will go easy on them.

In actual football news, England tonks Iran 6-2, Nederlands two late goals over Senegal, Wales a good draw with the US!

Pleased with the start from England. Looked a little poor at the back at times but bossed the midfield. Loved Bellinghams game.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sure is! The last minute flip on beer being sold in the stadiums is absurd. The Qataris are clearly now telling FIFA that this is their tournament now, and what are you gonna do about it Infantino.

People i know on the ground in Qatar are claiming you can still get beer. So I think its slightly over stated. They might have removed them from the stadium surroundings, but is till available in corporate areas and live sites.

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Looks like this will be the World Cup of soft VAR driven penalties. 1 last night for Iran, 1 tonight for the Argies.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great goalkeeping from Al-Owais from the Saudis. Deserved the win. Bit of an embarrassing loss from the Argies.