FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tyler mentioned something about a few Frogs possibly being crook.

Argentina dominant. Their ball-handling and use has been brilliant. That second goal was superb.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Damn that McAllister is good with the ball (y)How he's playing for Brighton and not a top team :unsure: Liverpool are signing players like Kante and Ox man :rolleyes::notworthy:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brilliant tournament, unbelievable final. What a save by Martinez in the last couple of minutes of extra time. Best World Cup final I can remember. Had everything.

Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Since it was the final I watched the ten minute highlights. Would rarely be the case but glad I did. Lot of penalties though and the first two extremely soft but I guess if you are behind someone and they are in the box don’t touch them.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
What a game. Argentina dominated the first 75min, then France got on top and evened the scores. then Argentine probably had the best of the extra time, and hit the lead before France again scored. then France had a golden chance with minutes to go, only for the a great save.
Worth getting out of bed at 2am for!

And Messi showed why he is the best player in the world (and Mbappe showed why he soon will be.)

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
To all those who follow soccer more closely than me where do you rate Messi? Best of all time? IMO having seen both Maradona and Messi I would rank Maradona higher as a player but I'm a more casual follower. Pele is harder to judge only having seen highlights but his record would put him above both.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
To all those who follow soccer more closely than me where do you rate Messi? Best of all time? IMO having seen both Maradona and Messi I would rank Maradona higher as a player but I'm a more casual follower. Pele is harder to judge only having seen highlights but his record would put him above both.
Same here. Diego's still no.1

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Individual brilliance, Maradona. Overall player and able to bring his team mates into the game, Messi.

Pele had both and is still #1. Pele is the Bradman of Soccer

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I guess we already know the autopsy results will show natural causes. I guess a freak coincidence a reporter wearing rainbow symbols and speaking out against the local government dies suddenly.

Qatar have successfully sportswashed the whole thing so not sure they would want to cloud the issue. Interesting development though.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Brilliant tournament, unbelievable final.
Yeah it delivered in spades but this World Cup will always be linked to the regime and intentions behind getting the Cup. Blood Cup, more than others and that's saying something for FIFA.