Finals dream over: Frawley (afl.com.au) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals dream over: Frawley (afl.com.au)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Finals dream over: Frawley
9:02:07 PM Sat 2 August, 2003
afl.com.au

Richmond coach Danny Frawley conceded the Tigers' slim finals hopes were dashed following their 23-point loss to Fremantle at Subiaco Oval on Saturday.

The Tigers became the latest interstate club to lose in the west with no Victorian team defeating the Dockers on their home turf since round 17 in 2001. Fremantle prevailed 15.14 (104) to 11.15 (81) but the port club was not able to shake off the men from Tigerland until late in the final term.

Frawley said the home crowd of more than 31,000 was pivotal as it helped the Dockers break clear in the final quarter.

"Probably the home ground advantage in the end told, when they kicked a goal it lifted the crowd but our guys kept at it which I was pleased with," he said.

He also said his team failed to maintain scoreboard pressure.

"The efforts were there, we just could not kick the kickable goal when it was there," Frawley said. "Fremantle are always going to be difficult to defeat over here, we probably had enough good efforts, but the only result is a win and we did not do that today."

Frawley singled out midfielders Kane Johnson and Mark Coughlan as well as ruckman Brad Ottens for their fine efforts.

"We just made a few fundamental mistakes and Fremantle opened up, it just means we are not far away but we still have a long way to go," he said.

The Tigers play St Kilda at the Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
g0tigers said:
Finals dream over: Frawley
9:02:07 PM Sat 2 August, 2003
afl.com.au

"it just means we are not far away but we still have a long way to go," he said.

LMAO spud.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
it just means we are not far away but we still have a long way to go," he said.

Is this dud the full bottle or what.......if he wasn't such a nuffa it would be funny

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Our finals dream was over the day the ink dried on Frawleys new contract!

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
g0tigers said:
it just means we are not far away but we still have a long way to go," he said.

oh my god.....haha! thats the most pathetic thing i've heard! (and this is the guy that we're putting all our faith on to get us somewhere...)