Finals Week 3: The Telstra Helpline games. Expected wait time 76 minutes. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals Week 3: The Telstra Helpline games. Expected wait time 76 minutes.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As much as it’d be great, hard to see the Garry Lions beating Geecheat tonight. Think the Bums have more of a chance against Sydney at the SCG. Think they might have learnt a bit from their last game up there a few weeks ago.

Anyway, somebody just stop Geecheat.

ABG.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Since when doe’s anybody get through a Telstra helpline in less then 2 hours pffffft
Given you are probably calling the Qantas Helpline first before realising your mistake, your 2+ hour timeline is understandable.

Regardless, you should look at it as a positive i.e. the time available for you to practice your woeful putting while you wait.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Cats v Lions is dividing me. Hate both. Particularly hate that the Lions are there knowing we should have beaten them.

Knowing Geesook will choke regardless I think best outcome is Geesook beating Lions and then choking in the GF v Sydney.

BTW, where is the call from the sooks about having to play a home final at the G? I thought the kitty litter was their home ground and they should be able to play it there?

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cats v Lions is dividing me. Hate both. Particularly hate that the Lions are there knowing we should have beaten them.

Knowing Geesook will choke regardless I think best outcome is Geesook beating Lions and then choking in the GF v Sydney.

BTW, where is the call from the sooks about having to play a home final at the G? I thought the kitty litter was their home ground and they should be able to play it there?
Their “stadium” upgrades prevent them from making said sook.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the only danger to Geelong have is themselves. We know what their record is like after the bye. If they start slow, Brisbane are a chance. But… Brisbane isn’t exactly the greatest of starters themselves.

As for Saturday, I think Collingwood. If Fly is anything like Dimma, they will learn from their previous loss. and I reckon Sydney is before their time and aren’t quite ready. The win over Melbourne doesn’t look as good as it did 10 days ago.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The pain of the Tiges getting robbed of the win against the Lions by F-ARC will hurt just a little less, if the Filth, and the Scats both lose their preliminary finals by a point.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hate to say it but I reckon Geelong easily tonight. I reckon the minute everyone expects the same old choking Geelong in finals that’s when they will succeed. Hope I’m wrong though….

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Given you are probably calling the Qantas Helpline first before realising your mistake, your 2+ hour timeline is understandable.

Regardless, you should look at it as a positive i.e. the time available for you to practice your woeful putting while you wait.
I’ve actually been on hold with TAA now since the 2018 prelim debacle

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Collingwobbles vs Sydney. This could end up being a car crash

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In the pick 3 comp I picked Brissie, but I reckon Geelong will win. They are the form team this year. Yes there are questions arising from their recent record in finals, some of their players not performing in finals, form after a bye etc. Brisbane have been playing well, very well, and I give them a chance, although if I was them I would give Daniher some much needed parental leave, surely he needs to look after the new Bub - they were better without him last week. But it is hard to pick against Geelong because their record this year is so good and they have tweaked their game to make it a bit more competitive. Given how close Geelong has been for years it wasn't a big adjustment they needed to get over the line. Plus, Jeremy Cameron is not only a very good player, slotting him in suited their particular needs, the amount of ground he covers is astounding, he pops up everywhere. But, I still want Geelong to be humiliated by 100pts tonight!

I actually reckon Sydney are less likely to lose than Geelong. They have been great and they have the game to win it all. I would pick them against Geelong without any qualms. Collingwood have been very impressive but I don't reckon they are yet at the top, Sydney have been quietly building for a few years. My tip for the flag and the team I want to win it, plus, although my partner is not really interested in footy, she is a South Melbourne supporter.

DS

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I can live with Geelong winning tonight as long as they're playing Sydney next week.

As good as it was to see the bathwater Dees get rolled by Brisbane, my guts churn watching them and thinking of our 'loss' in week one!

The thought of Collingwood making the GF drives me slightly more mental than I currently am.

Ultimately I want Dangerfield pirouetting, then bursting from the centre in the final quarter of the GF..... the cats a point down and 15 seconds to go as he sends it forward with a magnificent delivery .... only to realise he's kicked it the wrong way. :mhihi

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
And the SCG is kryptonite to a rebound into space team like Collingwood

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Looks like it might be wet. More Melbourne rain on the way. How unusual….

Geelong have bigger bodies than Brissie so this might help the cats.

Then again, Charlie Cameron, McCarthy, Bailey, etc might relish the conditions.

Cats only just got over Maggies.

I reckon the cats might choke tonight.

Late night brewing if I’m waiting for Chris Scott’s presser