Fiora, gone | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fiora, gone

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
apparantly at last year,s trade period port offered us guerra and a draft pick and we said no!
id say things might have changed since then expecially with stevens up for grabs maybe.
if we can muster a deal involving those two and draft picks id be happy or even guerra who can play the midfeild and kick a goal.
fiora and 2nd rnd for stevens-YES
fiora for guerra and 2nd or 3rd pick-YES

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Port offered Guerra for Torney after it became clear we were willing to offer up Torney in our attempt to get Kane Johnson. As Kane was our first priority, we knocked the Guerra deal on the head.

However, Guerra is a very good player, better than Fiora but Fiora prob has more potential (if he can fulfill that potential)

Guerra never gets a go at Port, so it is very hard for him to show much when he gets only 20 mins game time per week.

IMO, Guerra would be one of those guys who would really blossom given the chance to prove himself.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Guerra is extremely unlucky. Plays well everytime he gets a chance and just seems ot always be on teh outer like Puolton. Bot hpaly great games when the y get their chances. Guerra dominates for Centrals when he isnt at teh Power, probably one of theunluckiest footballers in teh AFL.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We need to accumulate draft picks.......so if port are offering Guerra and a 2nd/3rd draft pick for stick man fiora, I say go for it. Fiora has no footy brain so he won't become a star.

If we are rebuilding we need to come out in the positive in terms of number of players plus draft picks we receive with all our trades. This will entitle us to get rid of as many duds as possible quicker.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Harry, clearly there is a lot of luck involved in trading/drafting but we always seem to be on the unlucky side of things. Guerra could be a star with us and Fiora continue to be a hack at Port. However the opposite may happen and Guerra could become enemy No. 1 at Punt Rd whilst Fiora wins a Brownlow.

While part of me would like to keep Aaron, he seems to only play well when given a kick up the bum, rather than motivate himself to perform on a constant basis.

If we could cheat Port out of a 2nd rd pick as well as Guerra I would drive Aaron to the airport myself..

P

PuntRoadRoar

TigerFury said:
Trading Fiora would be a big mistake.

Fiora's biggest problem when he first came to us was that he was built like a pretzel and tended to kick floaters when he got the ball.

His kicking has improved immensely however he still needs to get bigger.

Nontheless, watching his performances as time has gone on, I've noticed a steady improvement to the point where he is starting to have an impact in games. At this rate and give another pre-season, he would be one of the more damaging players in our side.

Don't laugh!

I am not surprised at all that Port Adelaide are interested in him. If he were to be traded, I would expect much much more than Guerra and a 3rd round pick.

Do not forget that Nigel Lappin was a similar player when he first started out. Tall, lean with plenty of pace and skill. Also took him a while to fill out but now it is has been worth Brisbane's while in persisting. We should learn from this lesson.

Tigerfury, you are a master tactician !!!! great plan you have of beating up the hype on fiora so other outsiders reading this start to think Fiora is actually a great player thus increasing his trade value and securing us 1st round draft picks i like it !!!

going on this train of thought Bowden, Richardson and Clinton King are the most exciting and talented players we have at Richmond and Geeeeeee i hope we can keep the opposition clubs at bay if they are thinking of poaching them............ ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Macca68 said:
I'd trade Fiora in a second...

Fiora may or may not get better....but with a body like David Bourke I wonder if he will ever bulk up.

Funnily enough I was watching an old Tigers V Bombers Tape from 95 I think it was and Bourke and Lloyd lined up on each other and Lloyd was similar in build to Bourke, but look at the difference now. Maybe we need to look at our conditioning of players like Fiora.

He will never be an Arnie, but he can certainly bulk up with the right program.

nick the tiger

I'm a llama!
Aug 21, 2003
I don't care if we get nothing for Fiona! Just get rid of him. He is a head ducking, gutless, no brains idiot who when he does get the ball tries to do too much.
All the weights in the world wont add ticker and brains.
If he isn't at the club the dopey match commitee can't play him. Just *smile* him off.
Does anyone know, is he related to Bowden?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Looks like Fiora will be staying, the club has offered him a new contract. Not sure whether he has signed yet.
If he is to stay, he needs to have a big preseason in the gym and put some muscle on his puny frame. Has played ok in the last few games but overall another disappointing year.
Let's hope he rewards the club and starts playing consistent good football.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
I think i know this Port Adelaide Victorian scout your talking about. Is this certain gentleman mid 30s, short, stocky and balding with glasses

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Balmy

see if you can find out the chances of Nick Stevens coming back to Victoria, he looked very polished yesterday and would look great with a yellow sash across his chest

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Well, as it's commonly known around the traps that Nick Stevens is wanting to return to Melbourne, Port are likely to wait and see what is offered for him. They are unlikely to start proceedings in regards to trading Nick.

I think the Fiora deal for Guerra is dead if reports are true that he has resigned. I'll see if I can find anymore stuff over the next week.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
BalmyArmy said:
I think the Fiora deal for Guerra is dead if reports are true that he has resigned.

A Fiora deal for Guerrs shouldn't be considered in the first place. Apparently Port will be delistling Guerra at the end of the season as he's not up to it. That misguided 30m handball backwards yesterday under pressure at CHB towards our goals which resulted in an easy goal to Ty should show us why we shouldn't go anywhere near him.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Guerra is 21 years old, has had limited game time at Port but is rated highly by Port fans and officials. (see Ports' forum).

Not one fan on their site wants to see him go, probably because he has shown he has toughness, skill and a raking left foot - and he's only 21.

I just don't see the logic in trading one 21yo left footer for another. It may come back to haunt us in the future if Fiora doesn't fill out and develop more as a player but Guerra, although obviously good, is no McLeod or Voss yet either.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Well if he(Guerra) is going to get delisted then we should just wait and pick him up in the pre-season draft, he couldnt be any worse than Billy Nicholls

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Fiora is only 22 yo. If Richmond is serious about rebuilding the team, they have to stick it out and keep him.

Fiora has great pace and his last 4 games have been very good. Fiora should be playing on the wing and using his pace to the Tigers advantage.

As someone else previously said, Fiora needs to hit the weights and bulk up.

There's no use trading him, they must persist with him.

Once the team starts to play like a team and not like individuals, results will come our way.

Fiora is definately part of the rebuilding process at RFC.