First thing you think of when you think of September 30 2017 ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First thing you think of when you think of September 30 2017 ?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Mr Brightside just started playing and I instantly think of that glorious day .

Whats the first thing you think of when you think of our 2017 flag ?

Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Knowing we wouldn't lose by half way through the third qtr. Broke them during the second qtr n there was no fight back starting the third.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was 51 years and 11 days old....:))

Yeah, same here CC. When I hear the song it reminds me of Jack and the great day for us all.

2023 GF on same date.....and hopefully we do it again.

Reactions: 3 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I wasn't nervous at all until the 1st bounce, was just so happy to see the team have a highly successful year and finally make it past the 1st round of finals.

I would have been happy with a loss but the win made me content for life...then we won 2 more!

Reactions: 8 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The feeling of disbelief, when it became clear we couldn't/wouldn't lose.

Then a strange sense of calm.

Reactions: 9 users

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
every song that played that day at the MCG triggers me, the killers, GnR, AC/DC, Eminem and others that sneak up on me with a wave of joy and it takes me a while to work out why. I stood behind M8 with my 75year old man, and we shared the moment a long time coming. This one still breaks me every time i see/hear anything about it. In fact every final from 2017 breaks me. The others have different emotions, 2017 is the ultimate joy. In some ways it is the greatest happiness i have ever experienced. (don't tell my kids, although they're pretty good too!)

Reactions: 6 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
When Jack Graham kicked his 3rd goal in the 3rd quarter, not long after Walker goaled, to take us to 26 points up l knew we wouldn't be beaten

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I posted this at the time but…

I watched the granny from the balcony of the guest/servants accommodation at the kluge Ruhe art museum in Charlottesville Virginia (Jefferson’s estate) at about 2am after being chucked outside by the old people I was caring for as I was yelling too loudly. I was sure the cops were going to show up and blast me. Early the next day we were giving floor talks at the museum and all I wanted to say to the rich old American ladies was OH WE’RE FROM TIGERLAND!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
37 year flashback in the mind....just like when you know you're gonna die.

Reactions: 1 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Me crying when Benny and then Richo started. Still do whenever I watch the replay

Reactions: 7 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Mostly my first memories are just the hugging backslapping tears and laughter shared with my 3 footy brothers that I've shared this Tiger journey with the last 35 years.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Rance’s spoil on Walker early in the second quarter. From that moment on the whole match changed and we just went to work on Adelaide and didn’t stop until the final siren.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Rance’s spoil on Walker early in the second quarter. From that moment on the whole match changed and we just went to work on Adelaide and didn’t stop until the final siren.
Totally agree , definitely the turning point , if Walker took the mark who knows what may have happened ? Probably would have only won by 5 goals

• Haha