Fly leaving | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fly leaving

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
One things for sure , it’s shouldn’t be hard to get assistants knocking down the door to be a part of Punt rd. We should be able to get a nice mix of experience and straight out of the game .

hodge is definitely the one I’d want, however you never know if there any good in the role or not

Reactions: 1 user

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
It is a little bit concerning that we have lost 3 senior assistant coaches in 2 years. Stability is extremely important in football clubs.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Jumping off a sinking ship :rolleyes:

Seriously devastated Fly leaving, pretty sure it is because, 'There's no cash here. Here, there's no cash. Cash! NO'.View attachment 10819

*If the $100k shortfall in the soft cap is the major component why Fly left I don't know how Stack and CJ could walk back into the club even if they are given another chance. No doubt they have cost someone their job.
Really? With Leppa leaving thought there would be enough. Clubs can't be offering overs in this environment to attract assistants.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I'm a big rap for McRae. reckon he is a senior coach in the making.
He will go to the Hawks and learn some new tricks under Clarkson and develop his coaching resume. The move will make him a better coach and he'll be primed to take over from Hardwick in a number of years time when Dimma is tired of winning so many premierships.

Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I was nervous when Rutten and Caracalla left but we have learnt from their contributions and have done really well since they have left.

I think our playing group is so experienced across the board that it won’t impact us that much and I think our systems focus extends beyond the playing group - we are well set up off the ground as well.

Hodge, Newman would be good gets.

My three untouchables at this stage are Hardwick, Balme and Gale.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm pretty sure we were the one of very few, if not the only team, that didn't cut our assistants when the lockdown started and teams were told to cut back spending hard.

We're probably in a much better position to know whether that's sustainable next year, especially with the addition of the kebab tax.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
You'll probably find the penny will slowly drop where clubs realise richmond assistants are head coach material as dynastic teams tend to produce (see Dawx: Fagen, Bolton, Ratten, Cameron, Hardwick, Simpson, Beveridge). Didn't seem to affect the Dawx at all, just continued to source top notch coaching personnel and it's seemingly happening at Punt Rd also. Perceived key assistants such as Caracella & Rutten consequently didn’t leave any bearing on our on field performance, therefore its hoped neither Leppitsch and McRae will either

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
You'll probably find the penny will slowly drop where clubs realise richmond assistants are head coach material as dynastic teams tend to produce (see Dawx: Fagen, Bolton, Ratten, Cameron, Hardwick, Simpson, Beveridge). Didn't seem to affect the Dawx at all, just continued to source top notch coaching personnel and it's seemingly happening at Punt Rd also. Perceived key assistants such as Caracella & Rutten consequently didn’t leave any bearing on our on field performance, therefore its hoped neither Leppitsch and McRae will either

It's quite funny, when Caracella left there was a lot of folks who were a bit miffed that Adam Kingsley came on board. Dimma was at pains to acknowledge his input into our improved contested output.

I love what Fly has brought to us over the years & wish him all the best at the Dawks.
But now we have the opportunity to bring in some new ideas & input.
Hopefully Fly gains further experience to bring back to us. After all he has been under some pretty fantastic coaches so far & Clarko will only add to that.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We need to adapt and evolve anyway. Not to a massive extent, just enough to maintain an edge.

New coaches, fresh ideas.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Losing two excellent assistant coaches this year. The both have done us proud as I think RFC has done for them. As much as I am sad they are moving on I wish Fly and Leppa all the luck in the world. We do seem to have the knack of finding good assistants to replace those who have left so I am not too concerned about replacing them

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Fantastic job with vfl side to and development of Tiger cubs he was really good at.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
It's quite funny, when Caracella left there was a lot of folks who were a bit miffed that Adam Kingsley came on board. Dimma was at pains to acknowledge his input into our improved contested output.

I love what Fly has brought to us over the years & wish him all the best at the Dawks.
But now we have the opportunity to bring in some new ideas & input.
Hopefully Fly gains further experience to bring back to us. After all he has been under some pretty fantastic coaches so far & Clarko will only add to that.
Kingsley and Caracella both were there together in 2019. Hoping we can get an ex tiger back on board. But I'm sure club will make right decision!

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
There’s rumours about he knows who worth poaching with offers of more game time.... kids he’s developed who haven’t yet had a lick of the ice cream

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There’s rumours about he knows who worth poaching with offers of more game time.... kids he’s developed who haven’t yet had a lick of the ice cream
Rumours? If he didn't know that sort of information we would have been a *smile* coach.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
McRae has been great and will be a big loss.
Need Grigg back, won't have to pay him if we can release him from Salty and give him back his segment on Talking Tigers

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I'm a big rap for McRae. reckon he is a senior coach in the making.
He will go to the Hawks and learn some new tricks under Clarkson and develop his coaching resume. The move will make him a better coach and he'll be primed to take over from Hardwick in a number of years time when Dimma is tired of winning so many premierships.
I feel Clarkson is on his last legs and is their list manager. They really haven't developed, they picked "superstars' but have not performed, he is surrounding himself with the best to survive. but they are along way back. Sure they will win a few, but they have too many holes.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Huge loss no doubt. I feel that we can give someone just out of the game their first coaching opportunity at fairly low cost. With less coaches and our record it’s a buyers market for talent.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
No need to push for ex Tigers to come back. We've done well just getting good people regardless of where they played.

Reactions: 5 users