Fly leaving | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fly leaving

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's a little surprising, given his "why would you leave" comment on Caracella's departure, but he owes us nothing. Fly's stewardship of our VFL side and education of our youngsters has been a joy to witness over the last five years. He has been pivotal to our success and as far as I'm concerned should be a life member.

Reactions: 7 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Get Hodge.
Posters keep throwing his name up but isn't he still living in Brisbane, has his Ch.7 fairly high-profile $$$ media role, and possibly still connected to the Lions?
Suspect he therefore might stay with the comfort and security of that and wait for old man Fagin's job to become available.

Might not have to wait that long IMHO (have you noticed BL's finals' performances?). :eek:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Posters keep throwing his name up but isn't he still living in Brisbane, has his Ch.7 fairly high-profile $$$ media role, and possibly still connected to the Lions?
Suspect he therefore might stay with the comfort and security of that and wait for old man Fagin's job to become available.

Might not have to wait that long IMHO (have you noticed BL's finals' performances?). :eek:
Hodge may be gettable. When you hear his game day commenting to me he is a bit like Shane Warne. He oozes strategy and clear thinking. Such talents would make him a great coach. He has made millions over the years, so the money should not be a big concern. Rather see him in a coaching role sooner or later and who better to go to work with than Dimma, Gale, Balme, plus our list..

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Bloody shame losing Fly. The VFL program he developed has been a massive driver in how we develop talent.

Him and Leppa will leave a big hole culturally. You would think living in a bubble for 100 days naturally tests relationships out and makes a change of scenery appealing.

No doubt $$$ a factor as well. Key is to replace with A grade quality to maintain our mental edge around enjoyment.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Bloody shame losing Fly. The VFL program he developed has been a massive driver in how we develop talent.

Him and Leppa will leave a big hole culturally. You would think living in a bubble for 100 days naturally tests relationships out and makes a change of scenery appealing.

No doubt $$$ a factor as well. Key is to replace with A grade quality to maintain our mental edge around enjoyment.
Absolutely Leysy. The quality of assistant coaches has been a key driver to our success.

Adam Kingsley is another one who could be gone with the North job up for grabs.

I wonder if someone like Dean Solomon is looked at closely?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Absolutely Leysy. The quality of assistant coaches has been a key driver to our success.

Adam Kingsley is another one who could be gone with the North job up for grabs.

I wonder if someone like Dean Solomon is looked at closely?
Hasn't Solomon ruled out any further AFL involvement for now? He has a gym business up on the GC and has declared he wants to concentrate on making that a success.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hasn't Solomon ruled out any further AFL involvement for now? He has a gym business up on the GC and has declared he wants to concentrate on making that a success.
I havent heard about that.