Fly McRae signs 2 year extension | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fly McRae signs 2 year extension

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thanks Taz great news !

Been unlucky the past two.

Next year if we have an exodus of experience it will really test him as the side is still quite( and will be ) quite young.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
To me, VFL gets stronger next year. With Markov, Garthy, Lynch spending time in the firsts, with Bolton, C-Moore, Soldo and Baker knocking on the door, I suspect Bach, Shorty, Bellis, Grigg and George may spend time in the 2s.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
McRae is an integral component of the current coaching structure at RFC.
Great to have continuity in the coaching department.
Plus, Fly is a great developer of young players.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great speech from Craig McRae, our Tiger Cubs are in very good hands with Fly showing them the ropes.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-03-22/mcrae-on-vfl-season-launch

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
tigerman said:
What a great speech from Craig McRae, our Tiger Cubs are in very good hands with Fly showing them the ropes.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-03-22/mcrae-on-vfl-season-launch

Agree. Was a great speech.

I would have no qualms in McRae taking over from Dimma in due course.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
McRae is a quality person who is a wonderful element of the coaching staff.
RFC has recruited well here.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Props have gotta go to McRae and our whole VFL development program.

The plug-n-play nature of the way they can come in to fill holes has been outstanding.

I always hoped a stand alone VFL team would help this, but the connection between the two has been close to seamless.

And to think that despite feeding the seniors after so many injuries, the VFL team is still flying. Amazing.

Considering where we used to be, we are now quite an incredible, overall 'destination' club.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Mac said:
Props have gotta go to McRae and our whole VFL development program.

The plug-n-play nature of the way they can come in to fill holes has been outstanding.

I always hoped a stand alone VFL team would help this, but the connection between the two has been close to seamless.

And to think that despite feeding the seniors after so many injuries, the VFL team is still flying. Amazing.

Considering where we used to be, we are now quite an incredible, overall 'destination' club.

Agree Mac.
Watched the VFL game yesterday and was so proud.
The club must be a great place to go to work!

Opposition players must be asking how they can get into the Richmond system, yet here we are trying to work out how we can just keep the players we have on the list together!