Footy Classified SOS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified SOS

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
He just showed why Carlton are there they are. Both Juddy and SOS were an embarrassment to their club last night. Least he admitted they traded for players to play in the VFL.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
go polo said:
He just showed why Carlton are there they are. Both Juddy and SOS were an embarrassment to their club last night. Least he admitted they traded for players to play in the VFL.

Really? Are they saying that now they have been found out to try and take the pressure off themselves for *smile* recruiting?

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Carlton supporters still think sos is the messiah
If he gets this draft wrong again he'll set them back another 5 years

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
That was one long uncomfortable interview. Extremely defensive posturing by SOS but also very aggressive questions. Seemed fixated on the fact they got four players for one draft pick so that made it a good deal. You can also get a lot of stuff for not much at the $2 shop and when my kids were young they would rather four shiny five cent coins than a rusty fifty center.

Shame they didn’t ask about the Yarran trade and what Carlton already knew.

Anyway seems they are in good hands to maintain their rightful position. :clap :clap :clap

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
SOS is open to trading pick 1. We need to clear salary cap space for #19. We have plenty of steak knives to offer, but who would be the Marchbank type you'd trade to get such a deal over the line? (Our pick #19 could be part of the trade too.)

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was always going to be a no win interview for SoS. Thought he got in a few good punches but was never going to win the fight.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
After watching that interview last night I think Carlton are in even more dire straights than previously thought. Obviously a highly respected man at Carlton but SOS is not going to be the man to drag them out of the mud and Bolton is a deluded midget!

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Sos thought he was clever continually trading for Giants players on the fringe of their best 22 thinking he knew best just because he drafted them.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
go polo said:

Seems like a very flawed strategy to me. Why would you waist draft picks, no matter how late on recruiting players specifically to play in your seconds?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sos got angry at lloydy. And i think lloydy shat himself.
Sos didnt like the big questions. Why so many duds??

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
SOS was clearly angry at Caroline but his answers were terrible.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:
SOS was clearly angry at Caroline but his answers were terrible.

Yeah. Seemed a car crash from all of SOS, Wilson and Lloyd. Thought he made a good point to Caro about here initiating a story (through opinion) then continuing to run with it as though it was fact.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Why is everyone obsessed with the Yarran trade? If we were in the same situation and could trade away trouble for a couple of picks, we'd do it in a heartbeat (especially if it were Carlton).

Yarran is gone, we lost out. However we won a premiership and Carlton are tanking (unintentionally) on the bottom of the ladder. Every club is going to make mistakes, take risks which backfire etc. We need to move on and worry about what we've got ahead of us.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He rolled lloyd when he said trading Tom bell to Brisbane got them Curnow. That wiped the smirk of Lloyds face.
He also Brough us up asking Caro how long did it take Richmond to rebuild. No answer from caros arrow.
They got 2 first rounders for a 28 year old, that's a massive tick.
They got Curnow from trading Bell, double massive tick.
But the rest is junk. He brought up Plowman a couple of times, he is nothing special.
Overal he was on front foot, very agitated and answered most questions with a aggressive tone.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Not the best performance from SOS but he was right, what other list manager is grilled on TV like that?
The other thing that continually *smile* me is Caro referring to "power brokers" and "insiders" that she talks to about clubs.
Come on Caro that's utter crap, how much of what she writes is made up junk.