Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
David king is up to his 154th version 'How to stop Dusty"
He actually thinks if you stop Dusty and its all over.
He mentioned that Ablett deserved a good finish and Danger has set himself for this game.
What an absolute flog jocks

Danger has set himself for this game . . . and what, everyone else is on the *smile* this week as it just doesn't seem important enough to bother.

Geez they talk some crap.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I always thought certain media people would be making money by posting stories with so much negativity.
Caro said on footy classified Parrott makes a quid from 'Click bait' stories.
Therefore please let's boycott opening and reading the crap he comes out with.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
2 days before a GF this is the shiit the hearld sun comes out with.
I would understand a WA or SA paper writing this but not the major paper in the same city.
Since when has 50 metre penalties and MRO fines been a Hanging offence?
Im not sure who wrote the article but it stinks.
Robbo also said tonight No Way was that deliberate...
20201022_000709.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would understand a WA or SA paper writing this but not the major paper in the same city.
View attachment 10923

This from a newspaper which is published in Melbourne. Remember, there is only one Melbourne team in this Grand Final, Geelong is not a part of Melbourne.

Anyone who buys or subscribes to this rag is working against our club.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is the 87th "how to stop Dusty article"
Where's the how to stop Danger article?

They don't want us to win it.
Im shocked that no media person on fox defended us when Scott the knob said we aren't better then Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood or Stkilda from the late 2000' early 2010's.
Because if we win on satedey. We will shoot past Geelong and sit Screenshot_20201022-001610_Samsung Internet.jpgstraight behind Hawthorn. Not sure why Stkilda and Collingwood are mentioned we have already gone past of those clubs.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I remember him quitting channel 9 as he refused to commentate alongside Eddie on Collingwood games - he saw that as a clear conflict of interest and was prepared to sacrifice a paid gig to stand by his principles.

Not many would do that. He's a principled guy.
I can barely even remember that but I'll take it on notice from you. Not sure if that's proof he has principles even after following your exchange with jb03. My point was that if he still expresses heavily prejudiced opinions critical of RFC in 2020, because of alleged outrages from the 1970s that he is harboring a grudge over still, then he is just an irrelevant dope.
It's about 50 years ago! Get over it. If you want to be a respected contemporary commentator on current day AFL, get over it.

Who would still b e at Richmond from those days? Oh, right. Neil Balme. Why hasn't he gone and confronted Balmy? Called him a thug etc. etc. I'm guessing he hasn't. And I'm guessing he never would. It won't change a thing anyway.

And if he did, I reckon Balmy would respond just as I would If i saw it. Just laugh and laugh. In short, move on. Live in the present. But that's my last comment on the matter. I adjudged him as irrelevant after hearing this crap from him a LOOONG time ago.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This from a newspaper which is published in Melbourne. Remember, there is only one Melbourne team in this Grand Final, Geelong is not a part of Melbourne.

Anyone who buys or subscribes to this rag is working against our club.

DS

It would be like the paper in Manchester bagging United before playing Chelsea.
What do you expect from the Chief Sports editor from the Hearld Sun.
Your majesty Mark Robinson.
How *smile* is that paper having him not only as a Jurno but as the chief of sport, give me break.
I can't remember the last time i bought a Hearld sun.
I use to love the H/S, not anymore.

That bloke is dumb

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I can barely even remember that but I'll take it on notice from you. Not sure if that's proof he has principles even after following your exchange with jb03.

Jb seemed to think because Lane took a job at 3AW this conflicted with his principles in refusing to call Collingwood games with Macguire. I asked JB to explain why, so far he hasn't been able to. If you can explain why there's a conflict in that please do.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tony Shaw knows how to stop Dusty?
Guy can’t even do up his own shoelaces

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
View attachment 10923
Sam *smile* Arseburgler has been in overdrive during the finals.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Journalists have opinions. Some football journos even support football teams and still do their jobs well. Tim Lane always did a good job as commentator/journo - I never knew he supported Carlton.

Kidding? You’d be the only one.

Lane is a prescriptive know it all fighting irrelevance. He’s Kermit with extra smug.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
David king is up to his 154th version 'How to stop Dusty"
He actually thinks if you stop Dusty and its all over.
He mentioned that Ablett deserved a good finish and Danger has set himself for this game.
What an absolute flog jocks
So, he’s changed from Rance to Dusty. Prior to 2019, his theory was stop Rance, you stop Richmond.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
David King tipped Adelaide in 17 and GWS in 19. Enough said.

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Dunno why but I showed my wife the YouTube of the 157p Docklands massacre. David King on the Richmond box. Threw up a little.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Jb seemed to think because Lane took a job at 3AW this conflicted with his principles in refusing to call Collingwood games with Macguire. I asked JB to explain why, so far he hasn't been able to. If you can explain why there's a conflict in that please do.
Between you and him; not my issue at all.