Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Dunno why you brought it up then.
FFS, I didn't. I criticised him for nursing a grudge against us since the 70s which is just petty and manifests contemporary prejudice hampering his ability to comment fairly on RFC now. You and JB went into an alternative debate re if he has principles. Then you try to drag me in with " If you can explain why there's a conflict in that please do."

Could you just manage to comprehend your own posts? You are making this really tedious.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
FFS, I didn't. I criticised him for nursing a grudge against us since the 70s which is just petty and manifests contemporary prejudice hampering his ability to comment fairly on RFC now. You and JB went into an alternative debate re if he has principles. Then you try to drag me in with " If you can explain why there's a conflict in that please do."

Could you just manage to comprehend your own posts? You are making this really tedious.

You specifically mentioned jb and me in your last post dude.

Not sure if that's proof he has principles even after following your exchange with jb03.

Anyway, I just can't get upset that Tim Lane is a Carlton supporter and resents us because of things that happened in the 70s. That's part of the fun of supporting and writing about football. If you want to write another 500 word dissertation on why this irks you feel free.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
A great review of our season on The Age

Gee the club has been through a lot of *smile* this year (admittedly a lot of self-imposed)

Great piece - it's been a long journey for sure. I went from almost not caring after the quarters were shortened to getting into the whole footy frenzy and watching a shedload of games of varying quality :)

The Age has really got behind the Tigers in recent weeks with some excellent pieces and profiles.

If we win it this year, I will treasure it.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Heard an interview on the radio about 3 guys who decided theyd go to the GC to hopefully watch the GF. Caught a flight to Darwin, did their isolation then flew to the GC.

It wasn’t explained but they acquired GF tickets from Toyota. The guy that was interviewed was asked who was hoping would win (none of them barracked for either Geelong nor Richmond)

”We going for Geelong because we,re sick of Richmond wining it. But as I’m employed by the Richmond footy club I spose I should go for them.”

Good employee.....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Great piece - it's been a long journey for sure. I went from almost not caring after the quarters were shortened to getting into the whole footy frenzy and watching a shedload of games of varying quality :)

The Age has really got behind the Tigers in recent weeks with some excellent pieces and profiles.

If we win it this year, I will treasure it.
Another beauty from The Age

• Love

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Heard an interview on the radio about 3 guys who decided theyd go to the GC to hopefully watch the GF. Caught a flight to Darwin, did their isolation then flew to the GC.

It wasn’t explained but they acquired GF tickets from Toyota. The guy that was interviewed was asked who was hoping would win (none of them barracked for either Geelong nor Richmond)

”We going for Geelong because we,re sick of Richmond wining it. But as I’m employed by the Richmond footy club I spose I should go for them.”

Good employee.....
ID him, find him and terminate him with extreme prejudice.

• Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Good employee.....
That bloke needs to be sacked today.

Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Good employee.....
Needs to be weeded out.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Good employee.....
There would be 100's of Richmond people who would love for the club.
The club should text him just before the bounce.
DCOM.
'Don't come on Monday'

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Couldn’t listen to Gerard today.

Had Blight.
Then Dangerfield.

Nah ..

Then on Dwayne's World, (another Geelong supporter), had Bews's old man.

On Bob and Andy however all was forgiven when we got a 15 minute interview with the one and only Royce Hart :)
1603344960651.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
You would hardly even know we were playing this week such has been the focus on Geelong in the media. I thought last year was bad but this takes the cake.

• Angry

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You would hardly even know we were playing this week such has been the focus on Geelong in the media. I thought last year was bad but this takes the cake.
It really does play into our hands, though. Gives Dimma plenty of ammunition.

Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Fox Footy's Ultimate Preview Tips Tonight

Lyon - Geelong
Brown - Geelong
Montagna - Geelong
King - Geelong
Reiwoldt - Tigers

Thank god King's tipped the Cats - he was wrong in 17 and 19 - this for the trifecta!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria

Lyon - Geelong
Brown - Geelong
Montagna - Geelong
King - Geelong
Reiwoldt - Tigers

Thank god King's tipped the Cats - he was wrong in 17 and 19 - this for the trifecta!
Is that what they truly believe or what they wish will happen

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Lyon - Geelong
Brown - Geelong
Montagna - Geelong
King - Geelong
Reiwoldt - Tigers

Interesting. On the couch this week and they were split. Lyon and Healy for Geelong, and Brown and Riewoldt for Richmond. Seems David Kings "analysis" that was so accurate in 2017 and 2019 has been able to sway Brown to switch to Geelong.

Oh well, just another pundit to have egg on their face on Saturday night.

Has anyone egged Damo yet?