Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Let the frontrunners have there play season of importantness.

We'll load up for the real stuff next year and have one last crack at a third in the next 2 years if we cant do it this year.
The pretenders will fall away when they start playing the real contenders. Looking at our season we have been rather poor, the upside is enormous, we are nowhere near our best & sit 6th, 2pts off 2nd & we not even half way yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Regarding TV commentary, why do they have a ex Norf president and Richmond champion part of the commentary team for a Rich v North game.

They are terribly conflicted and cannot provide balanced, independent commentary, no matter their best endeavours.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Regarding TV commentary, why do they have a ex Norf president and Richmond champion part of the commentary team for a Rich v North game.

They are terribly conflicted and cannot provide balanced, independent commentary, no matter their best endeavours.
I think most on here would say Richo goes too far in trying to be seen as unbiased.

As for the #LolNorf bloke, I thought he was ok, but that's probably because they were rubbish.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Dwayne Russell talking about Gary Ablett going back home due to his son being in hospital: "This is the first real time this season that a player has chosen to stay back home for family reasons - good on him."
Cannot make this up!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Dwayne Russell talking about Gary Ablett going back home due to his son being in hospital: "This is the first real time this season that a player has chosen to stay back home for family reasons - good on him."
Cannot make this up!
Woop, woop, woop! Moron Alert!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Cannot make this up!
Serious?...... shouldn't be surprised, because he does make stuff up!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think most on here would say Richo goes too far in trying to be seen as unbiased.

As for the #LolNorf bloke, I thought he was ok, but that's probably because they were rubbish.
Richo does go overboard to make himself appear unbiased. He was at it again last night. It’s actually embarrassing. He should be excused from commentary duty involving the Tigers unless he can find a balance.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Richo does go overboard to make himself appear unbiased. He was at it again last night. It’s actually embarrassing. He should be excused from commentary duty involving the Tigers unless he can find a balance.

Its very awkward listening to him make special comments when you know all he is doing is trying not to be bias.
Hodgy ,(proud Richmond man), told to stand up and speak his mind.

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Richo is fine, would listen to him any day of the week.

when he overcompensates it just adds to his charm.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Richo is fine, would listen to him any day of the week.

when he overcompensates it just adds to his charm.

his no Bruce.
Would be interesting to hear him drool over a players body shape or call a them delicious

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Cannot make this up!

that’s cause tiger players aren’ real players....I mean don’t operate in real time ....

• Angry

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Is it just me or does the media seem to blowtorch the team we about to play? Hawks copped it after their poor performance against Geelong after rd 2. North copped it last week and now GWS are getting the treatment. Lids has even had a go yesterday. If you believe in conspiracy theories you might believe that the media have a look at who we are playing and say let’s all attack them this week to fire them up!

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Is it just me or does the media seem to blowtorch the team we about to play? Hawks copped it after their poor performance against Geelong after rd 2. North copped it last week and now GWS are getting the treatment. Lids has even had a go yesterday. If you believe in conspiracy theories you might believe that the media have a look at who we are playing and say let’s all attack them this week to fire them up!
You might believe that....

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Putting this here as he is in the media atm , if we are to make one big recruit it would be to get Luke Hodge on as an Assitant coach , the most respected recently retired player,football genius, tough as they come, great mates with Dimma , Open the FTF on this one Balmey

Reactions: 4 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Putting this here as he is in the media atm , if we are to make one big recruit it would be to get Luke Hodge on as an Assitant coach , the most respected recently retired player,football genius, tough as they come, great mates with Dimma , Open the FTF on this one Balmey

Balmey too protective of the canteen muffins to let Hodgey podgy into Punt Road.

• Haha