Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Richo tried his hardest to remain neutral while pointing out that our defenders were getting pinged for things that should have been play on. But Darcy pissed me off when he referred to Balta's shoulder tap as "taking him out" or some such. It was a flop Dangerdive would have proud of.
Its impossible to listen to Darcy but Richo is unbelievably bad too.
The combination of those 2 and Bradshaw is unbearable.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was trying to work out last night if he was the worst pure AFL journo in the country - not ex players in the media, or game commentators like Hudson - but as a journo covering the game, giving opinions etc.

I reckon he is. He has some strong competition eg Barret, Ralph etc but I reckon he takes the cake with his regular idiocy and unprofessionalism. He’s just a dumb bogan with a pen imo.
I suppose after Sheahan, how the hell did HE become Chief Football Writer at the Hun??

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I suppose after Sheahan, how the hell did HE become Chief Football Writer at the Hun??
I still can’t work out how someone who can’t put a coherent sentence together and clearly struggles with his vocabulary became a journo in the first place.

Reactions: 8 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I still can’t work out how someone who can’t put a coherent sentence together and clearly struggles with his vocabulary became a journo in the first place.
Probably had a quadrillion trillion more brain cells back then.
The booze sorted them pesky critters out.
We can all see the results.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The thing with Slobbo is that, in writing us off in round 6 every year with a 50% win ratio, he is eventually going to be right. One year we won't win a premiership. Could be this year. He will call himself a genius quickly deflecting from the fact that he was wrong 2, 3 or however many years in a row.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We need the motivation - they gave it to us in spades last year and they are doing it again.

Hardwick loves the them and us - most teams thrive on it, the tigers have said they used it last year and they will use it again.

It’s still April ffs - we are still in the 8 and playing like crap - and they want to write us off, yeah they don’t learn.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Robbo saying if we win the flag this year it will be one of the most amazing things he'll ever see. *smile* en moron

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Did he sleep thru last season?
Thats exactly what every footy commentator was saying during last season.
But as soon as we won it, the narrative changed very quickly.
They all wanted Geelong or Brisbane to win.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Robbo saying if we win the flag this year it will be one of the most amazing things he'll ever see. *smile* en moron
*smile* he is a dik.
He hasn't stopped blowing into his jocks Collingwood losing a GF.
But he brushes aside all of our success.
They will come triple harder on us, then what hawthorn has copped

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users