Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good ole dinosaur Mark Manure last night. What a useless, nothing, valueless 70’s doomf that bloke is.

Last week (and weeks before) he had the Blu-tacs as being an absolute mess, “no spirit”, something has to change ...one negative generalisation after another. But this week it was “these kids are good” and “they could make finals” and all these positive uninsightful generalisations.

Bloke is a moron.
Yep, so goes from totally negative to 'finals' after one win over a team with injuries to key players and playing youth to rebuild - several 1st year draftees.:rotfl2

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Moggies will be missing Arfa Clench, Cooliojollyhashme n Cryan.
Tigers will be missing the Cotchinator, Prestygiocomo, Grub n Lamblett with the Flossy one still a possible out.

Reckon we're slightly disadvantaged to start with. Throw in the burning vengeance factor plus a touch of the perform, respect factor to honour their saviour Frankie Costa n I think that if the Moggies can't get a five goal plus win tomorrow night. They might as well pack the season up as they're kidding themselves.

Tiges to win by 3 or 4 goals n *smile* Geelol.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I'll be the odd man out and say that we are gonna be challenged by Geewhinge on Friday. Not as much for anything Montagna said - although they definitely have changed their game model he's right there - but for the fact we are going in seriously undermanned. Particularly, Lambert, Chimp and Meatball through the midfield and the critical loss of Grimes down back where he has always been key to managing Geelong's forwards. Expecting Geewhinge to move it quicker and take us on a bit more. We're gonna have to bring a 190-200 pressure rating for most of the game to get this done.
IMO we are as undermanned as we were last week & took the Dogs mids to the cleaners in the 2nd half & thiers is deeper than GeeLOL's

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
With the players we have missing - this is a must win for Geelong. This is their chance. Pressure is on.

If they can't beat us now, they never will. For all of our ridiculing of Geelong, we have always found them to be a difficult opponent.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I get the feeling the media want the same outcome that Brisbane got in last year in the finals.
For Geelong to finally end this run against us.
Not sure Dimma feels the same.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
IMO we are as undermanned as we were last week & took the Dogs mids to the cleaners in the 2nd half & thiers is deeper than GeeLOL's
Geewhinge is a completely different equation to Footscray, plus we have Grimes out this week as well.

We can obviously win, but this is as big a challenge as last week was.

Reckon we might get a very different game plan from Geewhinge tonight. Moving it on a bit quicker and through the corridor a bit more. They won't hold it up as much as they usually do.

Just can't have that phoney Saltmine Scott, their free kick feining players etc. C'mon Richmond.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Just can't have that phoney Saltmine Scott, their free kick feining players etc. C'mon Richmond.
In regards to this Red I really liked our response to the dogs last week in the fundamental shift in how we tackle a player who plants both feets and drops prone face down once caught. I cant think of a free we gave for in the back and the dogs did a fair few dives on our tacklers.
I reckon our technique has developed for the in the back now let's make every ducking player hurt around the chops if they get a free for it.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ok
Brad Johnson and Jabba the Hut tipped against us again.
It must really hurt Braddy to see his weak doggies get slapped by us AGAIN....

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
On 927 this morning White, Boomer and Rama all tipped Geelong. Only Harf tipped us.

Mince and Elmer Fudd both tipped Geelong. Probably because they just really, really want it to happen. Much like me tipping North this week.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geewhinge is a completely different equation to Footscray, plus we have Grimes out this week as well.

We can obviously win, but this is as big a challenge as last week was.

Reckon we might get a very different game plan from Geewhinge tonight. Moving it on a bit quicker and through the corridor a bit more. They won't hold it up as much as they usually do.

I have noticed Geelong moving it on a bit quicker this year with the rule changes speeding up the game a bit.

They are a good team and they went close to winning it last year, but they know that being competitive means getting better each year.

We'll see how it goes but Geelong with the players we have missing will not be easy.

DS

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Off topic I know but I just saw the footage of Charlie Cameron dancing around at training on the ABC site.

I hope he is ok.
I actually found it quite disturbing!

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Robbo, Montagna and Johnson
Went through 40 box's of Klennex watching that 2nd half last night

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
On today's Afl footy show, they showed a 20 second highlight clip of Joel Duck Selwood.
In that exact 20 second clip, there were 3 free kicks.
No.1, he dives across Baker's legs.
In the same passage of play,
No.2 Then throws the ball to Guthrie. Who then hits Cameron on the lead.
No.3 with 6 people on the panel not one mentions the high hit on Mansel.
It dosent matter he got to the ball, his hip makes contact with Mansel's head.
I can guarntee you if that was Trent Cotchin all 3 would've been highlighted.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He we go again.
Cornes the fkknuckle praising Port Adelaide after there 5th bye in the first 8 rounds.
There 6 wins
North Ess Stkilda Carlton Adelaide and us.
Not bad draw for a team that finished on top.
They don't play Brisbane Richmond Geelong twice and they all finished in the top 4 last year.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Footy media is just a lot of talking heads who, from where I sit, seem to make little sense.
Not many in the media are able to provide the sorts of assessments and analysis that make for good footy discussions.
I miss Alf Brown's insights, but I'm long in the tooth.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He we go again.
Cornes the fkknuckle praising Port Adelaide after there 5th bye in the first 8 rounds.
There 6 wins
North Ess Stkilda Carlton Adelaide and us.
Not bad draw for a team that finished on top.
They don't play Brisbane Richmond Geelong twice and they all finished in the top 4 last year.

Its funny, the rhetoric around us (at least up to the Bulldogs game) was that some were saying "they haven't beaten anybody".

When the same argument is brought up for other teams its "you can only beat whats in front of you".

So which is it???

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Once they get someone half intelligent on any media show, then just maybe then i will watch, All "agenda" driven crap.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Heard a few radio calls of Shai’s mark this week. Every single one of them *smile* all over BT’s lukewarm reaction. Can’t the supporters start a movement to remove BT from 7’s coverage and replaced with someone competent?

Reactions: 9 users