Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That stupid column will generally have 9 likes and 9 dislikes every round; basically one for every game. His dislike for our game was the form of Johannisen and his like was er, um, nothing!! Didn't even rate a mention.

He really is pretty salty on us. You would think the way he lambasted Lynch last week that he would have the grace to mention that he played well this week but no.........
He’s like most of them. More ego than anything else, and praising us after how hard he went last week means he has to admit he was wrong. It must really *smile* him off, though, and that puts a smile on my face.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’ve got a guy I work with who’s a coterie member at Bumwood. Well connected guy. He’s been telling me for years that Buckley is an autocrat that eats, sleeps and breathes football and expects everyone else to do the same. Reckons he ends up fatiguing the players with his endless meetings, planning, detail and takes the enjoyment out of footy. Too technical. This parallels with the fact he wanted the rat pack out, the review they did a few years ago plus Rendell’s comments recently and what I’ve heard from a few others.

Bit overbearing apparently.

Reactions: 3 users

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I’ve got a guy I work with who’s a coterie member at Bumwood. Well connected guy. He’s been telling me for years that Buckley is an autocrat that eats, sleeps and breathes football and expects everyone else to do the same. Reckons he ends up fatiguing the players with his endless meetings, planning, detail and takes the enjoyment out of footy. Too technical. This parallels with the fact he wanted the rat pack out, the review they did a few years ago plus Rendell’s comments recently and what I’ve heard from a few others.

I recall hearing those sort of things about him when he was playing. Expected everyone else to do everything he could do, and had no time for anyone who didn’t.
Was where the FIGJAM nickname came from.
Seems he hasn’t really mellowed. What happened to his beard?

DragaTheCro

Tiger Superstar
Apr 20, 2004
That stupid column will generally have 9 likes and 9 dislikes every round; basically one for every game. His dislike for our game was the form of Johannisen and his like was er, um, nothing!! Didn't even rate a mention.

He really is pretty salty on us. You would think the way he lambasted Lynch last week that he would have the grace to mention that he played well this week but no.........
Will be interesting to see who his Monday hero will be tonight on 360. Will probably be Brad Hill lol

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

The same was said about him as a player.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why isn't the media going after clarko? Hawks still going backwards.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Caro seems to have gone missing from Footy Classified. Wouldn't think she has had the flick - has something happened in her personal life?

123cups

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016

He fatigues me after 2 minutes of talking.

I reckon Buckley and Scott offer a good lesson on the human aspect of leadership. Dimma the opposite.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
All the talk recently has been how Carlton can't bring players through. They argue because Walsh and Weitering have worked that shows they can.

To me No. 1 draft picks aren't a good indication of your development as they should be good in most scenarios.

Their lack of development of other top 25 draft picks has led to them going down the path of recruiting so many players from other clubs leading them to the scenario that you describe.

They are like a crappy version of Melbourne. Both clubs are swamped with top draft picks but neither can really make it work. Melbourne may have turned the corner this year but Carlton are a long way off despite having so many top draft picks.
For every Weitering & Walsh there is a Dow, Stocker, O'Brien etc

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Just on Scumwood, Buckley is the scapegoat but the one who should be under the pump is the List management crew. They traded out 3 best 22 players & replaced them with kids who are clearly not ready. Them dropping away isn't the biggest surprise. it's gets more interesting too this off season given they have work to do in order to get that Daicos kid.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
it's gets more interesting too this off season given they have work to do in order to get that Daicos kid.
No pressure on the kid.... already being referred to as a star and expected to put the club on his back and carry them to instant success! Good luck with that. Hope he doesn't bring his brother's trait of staging for frees!

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good ole dinosaur Mark Manure last night. What a useless, nothing, valueless 70’s doomf that bloke is.

Last week (and weeks before) he had the Blu-tacs as being an absolute mess, “no spirit”, something has to change ...one negative generalisation after another. But this week it was “these kids are good” and “they could make finals” and all these positive uninsightful generalisations.

Bloke is a moron.

Reactions: 4 users