Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good ole dinosaur Mark Manure last night. What a useless, nothing, valueless 70’s doomf that bloke is.

Last week (and weeks before) he had the Blu-tacs as being an absolute mess, “no spirit”, something has to change ...one negative generalisation after another. But this week it was “these kids are good” and “they could make finals” and all these positive uninsightful generalisations.

Bloke is a moron.
His commentary on what’s happening in footy is pure simpleton. As you’ve highlighted above, when a side wins they’re great, when they lose they’re crap. Mark Nocluer.

Reactions: 4 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Good ole dinosaur Mark Manure last night. What a useless, nothing, valueless 70’s doomf that bloke is.

Last week (and weeks before) he had the Blu-tacs as being an absolute mess, “no spirit”, something has to change ...one negative generalisation after another. But this week it was “these kids are good” and “they could make finals” and all these positive uninsightful generalisations.

Bloke is a moron.

I reckon Gerard Whateley's greatest weakness as a broadcaster is he probably had no mates as a kid so he latches onto the people he works with and shows ridiculous loyalty.

Maclure is exhibit A and Buckley is fast becoming exhibit B.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I reckon Gerard Whateley's greatest weakness as a broadcaster is he probably had no mates as a kid so he latches onto the people he works with and shows ridiculous loyalty.

Maclure is exhibit A and Buckley is fast becoming exhibit B.

Does that mean Blobbo has made it to Legend status?

Speaking of Blobbo, I was impressed with the way he broke down our system on Monday night. I reckon 17 other coaches reached for their notepads.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
His commentary on what’s happening in footy is pure simpleton. As you’ve highlighted above, when a side wins they’re great, when they lose they’re crap. Mark Nocluer.
Most of the football media are exactly the same. With Manure we’re about the only side it doesn’t apply to and that’s because he passionately hates us going back to the rivalry between us and the Blues in the 70’s and 80’s.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Most of the football media are exactly the same. With Manure we’re about the only side it doesn’t apply to and that’s because he passionately hates us going back to the rivalry between us and the Blues in the 70’s and 80’s.

Agree, the media assumes an attention span of no longer than 5 minutes. Therefore they just crap on about the most recent performances and ignore the fact that most footy fans can actually consider the whole season in the knowledge that it is a long season and all teams will lose games, have off days etc.

Not just the footy media either.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
In the heard sun today there is an article that rates the hardest to easiest runs to this year's finals.
Im unable to open the article because i don't have a H/S account but i can tell you if port haven't got the easiest run, its bullshitt. They only play Stkilda and Footscary twice and this is a team that finished on top last year.
Can anyone bring up that article??

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
In the heard sun today there is an article that rates the hardest to easiest runs to this year's finals.
Im unable to open the article because i don't have a H/S account but i can tell you if port haven't got the easiest run, its bullshitt. They only play Stkilda and Footscary twice and this is a team that finished on top last year.
Geewhinge have the easiest run.

TigerForce

On the way to number 14.
Apr 26, 2004

Bloke is a moron.
Nothing but a bandwagoner. How the hell does he get paid to do that rubbish talk on TV??

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

It's a measure of how hard your draw has been rounds 1-7 and how hard it is from now to finals based on current season form.

We've had one of the hardest runs to this point and have the easiest coming home.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It's a measure of how hard your draw has been rounds 1-7 and how hard it is from now to finals based on current season form.

We've had one of the hardest runs to this point and have the easiest coming home.
Have you got the article im curious what Port and WC get on the way to September.
Cheers

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I can guarantee you that once Kane cornflakes reads this he will get on his high horse and go on about how the AFL look after us. When he does I hope someone lets him know that this years fixture was based on how everyone finished LAST year and that port actually had the easiest draw out of all the top 8 from last year. Not the AFL’s fault if they can’t predict how *smile* some teams turn out the following year or how some *smile* teams improve the next season

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Montagna was drooling over the Cats on 360 last night, everything they spoke about them doing works into our favour
He actually said the following (probably not 100% verbatim but very close):

"When they beat Richmond this week we will be sitting here next week talking about Geelong as premiership favourites."

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'll be the odd man out and say that we are gonna be challenged by Geewhinge on Friday. Not as much for anything Montagna said - although they definitely have changed their game model he's right there - but for the fact we are going in seriously undermanned. Particularly, Lambert, Chimp and Meatball through the midfield and the critical loss of Grimes down back where he has always been key to managing Geelong's forwards. Expecting Geewhinge to move it quicker and take us on a bit more. We're gonna have to bring a 190-200 pressure rating for most of the game to get this done.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He actually said the following (probably not 100% verbatim but very close):

"When they beat Richmond this week we will be sitting here next week talking about Geelong as premiership favourites."
does he have the lotto numbers as well?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Bloke is a moron.
Yep, so goes from totally negative to 'finals' after one win over a team with injuries to key players and playing youth to rebuild - several 1st year draftees.:rotfl2

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Moggies will be missing Arfa Clench, Cooliojollyhashme n Cryan.
Tigers will be missing the Cotchinator, Prestygiocomo, Grub n Lamblett with the Flossy one still a possible out.

Reckon we're slightly disadvantaged to start with. Throw in the burning vengeance factor plus a touch of the perform, respect factor to honour their saviour Frankie Costa n I think that if the Moggies can't get a five goal plus win tomorrow night. They might as well pack the season up as they're kidding themselves.

Tiges to win by 3 or 4 goals n *smile* Geelol.

Reactions: 1 user