Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
Probably can't really do this with one of the 17 clubs if you consider yourself a footy-media-whatever-person (especially a club as big as us) but I almost reckon people like Kane Cornes and Damien Barrett should recuse themselves from discussing any issues related to us and just sit it out. They're so blinded by Richmond-hatred it's just ridiculous (and pointless). May as well be asking me.

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
The "Nine Things We Learned" entry for our game on the site that cannot be mentioned is a bit of a laugh.
I suppose it meant nothing to Sarah Black that we were without Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Lambert, even Soldo for that matter (15 premierships between them), and instead we had the likes of Collier-Dawkins (2 career games), Mansell (5), Ralphsmith (0) and Naish (5) instead.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Look at this garbage, from the AFL website. The article this is from its discussing an injury to Toby Greene.

How is the circled paragraph even relevant to the article.
Screenshot_20210517-105154_AFL.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Do you one better, also from the AFL site.
Apparently GWS did well despite having a couple of injuries.

The Giants' kids are going to get there​

With Lachie Keeffe (ACL), Nick Haynes (hamstring) and Phil Davis (calf) sidelined, GWS was relying on unheralded youngsters Jack Buckley, Isaac Cumming, Lachie Ash, Connor Idun and the chronically underrated Sam Taylor to take on Richmond. Not exactly household names, but Leon Cameron should be pleased with their efforts for most of the match, particularly Buckley and Taylor's roles on Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch. Idun manned Dustin Martin most times up forward, one of the toughest experiences a 10-gamer can have. He showed enormous fortitude in one collision on the wing, bracing himself for a Toby Nankervis flying in with intent.

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Look at this garbage, from the AFL website. The article this is from its discussing an injury to Toby Greene.

View attachment 12204

Just as Wilson's got that bull *smile* Caro's Arrow. ...... We should call this Barrett's Barrow.... no doubt the underlings in the propoganda office must adhere to the bosses wishes!

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004

View attachment 12204
I’ll put my house on it that they didn’t write up something similar about us v Port Adelaide when we got absolutely reamed by the maggots. Astounding.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

View attachment 12204
There is a clear anti-richmond agenda at the AFL and I'm seeing signs that we've had enough and are starting to fight back.

This paragraph is ridiculous and has nothing to do with the story - it's only there to add to the richmond hate.

Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I wonder whether old mate Hugh Riminton will bombard Nathan Buckley at his next press conference with allegations of sexual assault and racism in the wake of the De Goey/Quaynor incident?
Fair dinkum, what a *smile* ing beat-up. DeGropey grabbed a handful of Quaynor's arse. Big deal. Nothing in it. Go for a walk, media. Find something useful to do. Collingwood 100% right to dismiss this for the *smile* sensationalism it is.

Reactions: 2 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
There is a clear anti-richmond agenda at the AFL and I'm seeing signs that we've had enough and are starting to fight back.

This paragraph is ridiculous and has nothing to do with the story - it's only there to add to the richmond hate.
It works to our advantage. You can't fight without an enemy.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Do you one better, also from the AFL site.
Apparently GWS did well despite having a couple of injuries.

The Giants' kids are going to get there​

With Lachie Keeffe (ACL), Nick Haynes (hamstring) and Phil Davis (calf) sidelined, GWS was relying on unheralded youngsters Jack Buckley, Isaac Cumming, Lachie Ash, Connor Idun and the chronically underrated Sam Taylor to take on Richmond. Not exactly household names, but Leon Cameron should be pleased with their efforts for most of the match, particularly Buckley and Taylor's roles on Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch. Idun manned Dustin Martin most times up forward, one of the toughest experiences a 10-gamer can have. He showed enormous fortitude in one collision on the wing, bracing himself for a Toby Nankervis flying in with intent.
Guess we were obviously playing with a full list on Sat.
Must be time to move on all those old farts like Cotchinator, Prestygiocomo, Shedda, Lamblett n give young Shai a spell for a few weeks. Didn't notice any of them at the game all night n bloody certain that none of them got a touch. Nearly cost us the game the bludgers.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
IF........
You have mates in the right places
THEN.......
You can be a *smile*, bias driven journo guaranteed a job at the AFL and the footy show.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
How much money do we have in the bank.
We need to buy Ch7 or Fox.
that will *smile*'em

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
IF........
You have mates in the right places
THEN.......
You can be a *smile*, bias driven journo guaranteed a job at the AFL and the footy show.
Lol, spot on. You should of seen Barrett & Cornes on the Sunday Footy show, unbelievable the hate & bias against us.

They singled out the last minute of the game, the Grimes v Greene contest, both suggesting it could of been 2 frees to Greene/GWS for sh!t
that wasn't even there, trying to invent a free kick, saying Greene was taken high & then was potentially a free for a trip, it was laughable, Lloyd actually stuck up for us & disagreed with them.

A contest like that wouldn't even get mentioned for any other game/team but the bias & hatred toward us is sickening & palpable.

Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Gee Matthew Lloyd has stuck his nuts on the line.... reckons there's only 3 teams who can possibly win the flag after round 9.... dees, dogs or cats! Mind you there was no sort of follow up analysis after his prediction.
When ya know ya stuff like Lloydy I suppose no explanation is required!

(Starting to feel more confident having just listened to him:rolleyes:)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Gee Matthew Lloyd has stuck his nuts on the line.... reckons there's only 3 teams who can possibly win the flag after round 9.... dees, dogs or cats! Mind you there was no sort of follow up analysis after his prediction.
When ya know ya stuff like Lloydy I suppose no explanation is required!

(Starting to feel more confident having just listened to him:rolleyes:)
Sounds like his last year prediction “Brandon Ellis is closer to a premiership then Richmond “
Classic

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

View attachment 12204
Saw a screenshot of the article posted after the game, the headline had us winning, but the first line claimed the Giants won. Looked at it later and they’d corrected the mistake, but the AFL had this one penciled in for their love child until we as we often do spoiled the party for them.