Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Classic Wheelbarrow WIlson last night, and why I cant have her.

Three times she said last night that she "has no idea" if Hardwick's split with Danielle was behind our drop off this year. But that didn't stop her from bringing it up and speculating that it may have, and then referring to her opinion piece back in January.

She also referred to this vague "people inside the club were upset" statement again, something for which she's never actually said who, or why. Again, typical Wilson modus operandi. Always with the vague "people" and "my sources" and "I believe that..."

Wilson at her finest last night: pure personal speculation with little or no substance and trying to pass it off as fact. She's nothing more than a polished bs artist.
Yeah despite being retired she has evolved to be a contemporary journo. Wonder if the Hun has a vacancy for her...(or the Age for that matter...)?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Surprised it has taken Wilson this long to ask that question.

Our drop in form could only be because of the coaches marriage breakdown and not due to an aging list, rule changes that undermined our game plan or the historical trend of dynasty teams dropping away around the 4-5 year mark.

No need to consider anything other than the coaches personal life.

I'd be more interested in why half our assistant coaching team left in the off-season - and they may all have good personal reasons for that, but looking at how this season is panning out it's clear to me that that has bitten us on the arse big-time.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Classic Wheelbarrow WIlson last night, and why I cant have her.

Three times she said last night that she "has no idea" if Hardwick's split with Danielle was behind our drop off this year. But that didn't stop her from bringing it up and speculating that it may have, and then referring to her opinion piece back in January.

She also referred to this vague "people inside the club were upset" statement again, something for which she's never actually said who, or why. Again, typical Wilson modus operandi. Always with the vague "people" and "my sources" and "I believe that..."

Wilson at her finest last night: pure personal speculation with little or no substance and trying to pass it off as fact. She's nothing more than
The 3 monkeys were egging her on.
Especially that McClure dude, " you must have info"
The run down sheet pre show will tell it was a set play.

Reactions: 1 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
The thing that is like a tick in my ear with Caro is she seemingly can’t resist any opportunity to question potential morality breeches. She’s a great morality merchant. So annoying.
And she seems wired so which in itself makes me wonder …..

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, Jack just gave a very serious, blunt almost angry response to the whole Wilson bs speculation on 360. Made his position and thoughts very clear !!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did I melt the blob ? Did me and the blob meet ?
Just like the heart, I'm starting to skip 'fingerbeats' when I type......sorry I meant to say "Did you SEE the blob melt?":mhihi Well done to Jackmond.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There's a difference between independent media and a club's media. Club media is nothing more than PR and often a distorted representation of reality. Think puff-pieces, rainbows, and an 'everything we do is awesome' approach.
But we're fans Bloozer bloke, that's all we need isn't it?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Well, Jack just gave a very serious, blunt almost angry response to the whole Wilson bs speculation on 360. Made his position and thoughts very clear !!
Good on him. Not sure how he held back. You could tell he was itching to fire back at Caro.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
What really pisses me off about Caro discussing Hardwicks private life is, she recently took extended leave yet not 1 person ever discussed why or any details around it, yet all she's done since returning is discuss someone else's. There's a massive double standard at play here.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This has been scripted since the news broke Hardwick was not with his wife anymore.
'Richmond downfall caused by Dimma'
'Hardwick sets tigers back'
The weasels have waited to round 17 and now its perfect time to use it.
Fkem

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Karen Cornes 'I can't see leaders'
This bloke is the dumbest *smile* on the plane.
If we haven't got leaders after winning 3 flags in the last 4 years.
What have the 17 other clubs got.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Like Jack said last night
Some media are over the moon we are playing *smile* and it could be over.
The media spill out shiit that Buckley is a super coach but never ever recognise the efforts of Hardwick.
The love for longmire and the old codger makes me sick

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What really pisses me off about Caro discussing Hardwicks private life is, she recently took extended leave yet not 1 person ever discussed why or any details around it, yet all she's done since returning is discuss someone else's. There's a ma7ssive double standard at play here.

She went overseas because her daughter had a baby and needed assistance.

That's common knowledge and not a secret, she talked about it on tbe Real Footy podcast.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
She went overseas because her daughter had a baby and needed assistance.

That's common knowledge and not a secret, she talked about it on tbe Real Footy podcast.
Amazing that Wilson had the gall to criticise Seb Ross's decision to be with his wife who had given birth to twins.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Amazing that Wilson had the gall to criticise Seb Ross's decision to be with his wife who had given birth to twins.

Last time I checked Caro isn't a footballer, nor should the AFL Media personalities be the stories of the AFL.