Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Well yeah what exactly does that mean "Rightly or wrongly"?!!
Journo speak for either ” I made a lucky guess and got it right” -rightly. Or “ I just made *smile* up and *smile* it up and got it badly wrong “ - wrongly. “ I’ll take credit if it turns out true but it’s the clubs fault if it’s wrong”

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Eddies little quip to Caro.
” I reckon you’ve been easy on your club in the last 12 months”
Caro…” I don’t think the coach agrees”

what the actual..

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Benny Gale on at 4pm - SEN, news? update? or just a slow news day and you cant run a Melbourne sports show without looping in a Richmond story.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Benny Gale on at 4pm - SEN, news? update? or just a slow news day and you cant run a Melbourne sports show without looping in a Richmond story.
Footy media can't live without a Richmondy story. They're all missing us in the finals and need a story!!

"So, Benny, is the Richmond dynasty finally over?" "How's Dimma coping with his new love?" "Any fall out at the club between players?" "Can Jack and Tom play together.....oh wait, sorry that was last year..."

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Last year Barrett carried on like a tool about Dustin not doing media, saying it was a disgrace that the biggest name in the game refused to do so!
Gee he's a strange dude.
Studio_20210903_091656.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Barrett is just running out of things. Plain and simple.
The most boring finals series since 1988.
There's a feeling people want this month to finish and plan for next year.
The final cherry on the cake would be if McGowan pulls the plug on the GF.
That would condemn the AFL to the biggest laughing stock in sport administration around the world.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Eddies little quip to Caro.
” I reckon you’ve been easy on your club in the last 12 months”
Caro…” I don’t think the coach agrees”

what the actual..
Classic Eddie.
He does the diversion trick better than any magician.

There is nothing to see. Don't look at where Eddie is pointing, all he is doing is playing Caro,s emotions to get a flare up

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Is the club divided? Who's on which side?

Well Caro is on one side

And on the other Peggy, Brendon, Neil, the rest of the Board, the playing group, the coaching group, fitness guys and gals, recruitment, IT, Media relations, finance, support staff, sandwich maker, boot studder and strappers. Oh and supporters

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Would you give back 80% of the money as well?
Is Dusty giving money back?

He plays sport. No *smile* owns him outside of that.

The media have been complete arseholes towards Richmond, even so-called Richmond supporters like Caro and "Jonny" Ralph. Let alone toilet-lickers like Barrett. They can all get *smile*.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I just don't think the media's sycophancy towards the AFL is doing the game any favours.

I would add that the level of strategic analysis from the media is woeful. In another thread it was mentioned about an event where behind the goal footage was shown and the strategies shown. The football media should be doing this, and if they don't have the expertise (which I doubt) they should get it.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah but 80c out of every dollar he earns from football comes from the media. If everyone said *smile* the media, I'm not talking to them then that money is greatly reduced. Then there's the question of profile building and the extension of other money that flows from that.

It's a symbiotic relationship, the players need the media and the media needs the players.
Does it come from the footy media or the TV networks? Not the same thing.

Led Zeppelin made a fortune by remaining mysterious. It's part of Dusty's brand. He showed the public enough c.2017 for them to realise he's not a monster.