Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
TV rights is the vast majority of it, internet, newspaper and radio deals are much smaller.

I'm not sure Dustin would have all of the endorsements he has if the media wasn't producing copious amount of content about how good he is.
Well they'd look pretty silly trying to pass him off as just another player while their pictures are telling another story.

He's not comfortable doing media and that's his personality. They still use his image everywhere to promote the game. It works, so why mess with it unless you have an axe to grind?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Does it come from the footy media or the TV networks? Not the same thing.

Led Zeppelin made a fortune by remaining mysterious. It's part of Dusty's brand. He showed the public enough c.2017 for them to realise he's not a monster.

No media, no money.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I just watched a bit of Footy Classified. They were comparing the ages of key players from geelong and melbourne and saying that the dees were in a much better position and that this year was geelong's last chance. Then hutchy said something like"if geelong lose they will be passing the baton to melbourne". I'm thinking WTF was that? Don't we have the "smile"ing baton?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I just watched a bit of Footy Classified. They were comparing the ages of key players from geelong and melbourne and saying that the dees were in a much better position and that this year was geelong's last chance. Then hutchy said something like"if geelong lose they will be passing the baton to melbourne". I'm thinking WTF was that? Don't we have the "smile"ing baton?
Leave Hutchy alone
His fat head fills my 75' TV screen

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Maybe he means that if melbourne lose the baton is for choking in finals?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dunno about others on here, but I'm noticing the media still show our club for promos or stories on their paper and internet

Example:

1638332674257.png1638332827058.png
1638333334689.png

What happened to those reigning premiers from 2 months ago? :mhihi

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Still in the bath!

Gee this Sunday thing they've got going sounding a touch cringeworthy imo......
A re-presentation of the cup, medals and NS......SEN are even doing a live recall :rolleyes:

Should've asked Bevo to send the dogs over and replay the *smile* game!

*EDIT..... Having just heard that Neale Daniher will re-present the cup, then with great respect to him, I partially withdraw my comments.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dunno about others on here, but I'm noticing the media still show our club for promos or stories on their paper and internet

Example:

View attachment 14176View attachment 14177

Very good chance that if you were using a Collingwood supporters PC or Phone, those photos would be of Collingwood players. Essendon players on an Essendon supporters PC. etc.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Very good chance that if you were using a Collingwood supporters PC or Phone, those photos would be of Collingwood players. Essendon players on an Essendon supporters PC. etc.
How could that be? I'm sure I've seen the same team in the same photo from a colleagues PC at work (Scumwood supporter by the way)

Here's another one:
1638359043994.png

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Russell reckons bombers top 4 (here we go again), a caller went through their best 22 & goes "theres about 10 blokes that won't even get a game" & ends with "everyone look out" LOL
that side went a half without a goal in the Finals with old make Jakey leading the charge.... they got in on 11 wins so no guarantee of even making it next yr...

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Still in the bath!

Gee this Sunday thing they've got going sounding a touch cringeworthy imo......
A re-presentation of the cup, medals and NS......SEN are even doing a live recall :rolleyes:

Should've asked Bevo to send the dogs over and replay the *smile* game!

*EDIT..... Having just heard that Neale Daniher will re-present the cup, then with great respect to him, I partially withdraw my comments.
It’s summer dude…they’ll now get a crowd with no snow left on the peaks. Plus Goodwin will get the chance to finally do his speech.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If Cornhead's bad enough on SEN, now we have Figgy join from Feb 28 on Mondays with Gawwy and Tuesdays with Mince.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just emerged from 15 days stuck in a caravan due to a Covid issue with very little to do and found myself watching the TV series Buckley is currently in.

Have to say he comes across as an exceptionally decent man and someone who would be very good value in a radio role.
I've despised him ever since he copied us and Dimma as coach from 2018. I didn't mind him before but I noticed a change of character which isn't original.

How were the symptoms feeling you?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
It’s summer dude…they’ll now get a crowd with no snow left on the peaks. Plus Goodwin will get the chance to finally do his speech.
Had a friend attend. She said boring as bat *smile* and the players certainly weren't into it and couldn't give a *smile*.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Just emerged from 15 days stuck in a caravan due to a Covid issue with very little to do and found myself watching the TV series Buckley is currently in.

Have to say he comes across as an exceptionally decent man and someone who would be very good value in a radio role.

People dislike Buckley for attempting to mimic us, but he was one of the first to recognise and embrace our success as the new direction of the game.

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
People dislike Buckley for attempting to mimic us, but he was one of the first to recognise and embrace our success as the new direction of the game.
Yes he should get some credit for that, however it was not deeply authentic and that was very obvious too. His handling of Treloar was an example of it all being a facade. Having said that, he does present as having a growth mindset and will improve as a man and a coach through learning from his recent mistakes. He'll be a really good coach at his next gig I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Which begs the question, was it really Buckley we didn't like mimicking us or was it the media failing to recognise and acknowledge that Buckley was attempting to mimic us that we didn't like?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Buckley is ok, but the constant talk that he's a great AFL coach gave me the *smile*. He was crap and lost most of his support staff. He then got Konrad Marshalls book for Xmas and decided he loved everybody. Then when push came to shove he showed Treloar just how deep that love was. A kick away from a Premiership maybe, but he was following the Dimma game plan, not his own. When that started to unravel he had nothing.

Great AFL coach my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users