Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Buckley is ok, but the constant talk that he's a great AFL coach gave me the *smile*. He was crap and lost most of his support staff. He then got Konrad Marshalls book for Xmas and decided he loved everybody. Then when push came to shove he showed Treloar just how deep that love was. A kick away from a Premiership maybe, but he was following the Dimma game plan, not his own. When that started to unravel he had nothing.

Great AFL coach my arse.
Totally agree, it was way too obvious.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Buckley seems to be good bloke from the outside.
But he did tell me in the late 90's 'why do I bother barracking for such a shitt club'.
That's never been forgotten.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Buckley seems to be good bloke from the outside.
But he did tell me in the late 90's 'why do I bother barracking for such a shitt club'.
That's never been forgotten.
Next time ya see him. You could ask him why he played for n coached such a shitt club for half his life. What a waste of a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Which begs the question, was it really Buckley we didn't like mimicking us or was it the media failing to recognise and acknowledge that Buckley was attempting to mimic us that we didn't like?

Our people weren't leaking to the media, Buckley/Collingwood was.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't think it's either, it's just an easy way to take a swipe at a club or coach people don't like.

After all, no-one could really complain about mimicry without being a total hypocrite, given the number of things we lifted from successful clubs under the Hardwick reign, most notably Hawthorn.
Dimma's character as coach never changed since he started in 2010, whereas Figgy's did from 2018. What did we copy from Hawthorn?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Just emerged from 15 days stuck in a caravan due to a Covid issue with very little to do and found myself watching the TV series Buckley is currently in.

Have to say he comes across as an exceptionally decent man and someone who would be very good value in a radio role.
15 days stuck in a caravan with ya missus would have anyone thinking Mark Latham was a decent bloke .

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not sure about the first part, I think he has evolved enormously over the last decade, as any good coach should.

As for the second part, take your pick. Brendon Gale's famous five year plan was a photocopy of Jeff Kennett's from three years earlier, off field structures very similar, including the use of external consultants, list management strategy followed a similar pattern and huge amounts of game style stuff. Even Hardwick's match day theme stuff is a souped up version of what Clarkson does.

Nothing wrong with it, the art of success is being a bower bird and collecting all the shiny stuff you can find. Just amuses me people ignore all that and try and turn other clubs doing the same into some sort of knock on them.
I'm talking about his character. Can't see how Dimma changed? He's been the same from day 1.

I suppose for the copying side, Dimma came from Clarko (father/son learning type), but Figgy didn't.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not sure if anyone caught it tonight, but the Channel 9 news had an article about a guy who went to a brother in Heidelberg West, and couldn't pay so he tried to rob the place.

In the article, they talked about what happened on the day, then in the middle of nowhere, they said "The Richmond Tigers supporter....."

What *smile* relevance does that have to whether he is going to rob the place or not?

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure if anyone caught it tonight, but the Channel 9 news had an article about a guy who went to a brother in Heidelberg West, and couldn't pay so he tried to rob the place.

In the article, they talked about what happened on the day, then in the middle of nowhere, they said "The Richmond Tigers supporter....."

What *smile* relevance does that have to whether he is going to rob the place or not?

Yeah I saw it on the news and had the same reaction. It has no relevance on who he supports. *smile* poor.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
What's the guy's handle on PRE? I reckon it was a case of 9 doing some osint finding a couple fb profile pics and padding out a story. Must've been a slow news day.

Pretty poor effort robbing a knock shop to pay for their services. They usually have dudes like Pushup's mates running/guarding the joint. Even the chicks are likely to be street smart so retribution is likely to be severe.

Last edited:

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
What's the guy's handle on PRE? I reckon it was a case of 9 doing some osint finding a couple fb profile pics and padding out a story. Must've been a slow news day.

Pretty poor effort robbing a knock shop to pay for their services. They usually have dudes like Pushup's mates running/guarding the joint. Even the chicks are likely to be street smart so retribution is likely to be severe.

He wont be able to go there again

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Was on 7s news as well, had a pic of him decked out in full Tigers colours. Got absolutely nothing to do with us or any other club in the comp as to their public behaviour. Just a way for the meedjia to grab an extra ten seconds of irrelevant excitement coz there's something AFL in the imagery.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Was on 7s news as well, had a pic of him decked out in full Tigers colours. Got absolutely nothing to do with us or any other club in the comp as to their public behaviour. Just a way for the meedjia to grab an extra ten seconds of irrelevant excitement coz there's something AFL in the imagery.
Anything Richmond.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Was a female court reporter Eliza Rugg who put the story together. Wonder which team she supports to make her so salty?

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Heidelberg FC wear Richmond colours. Brothel in Heidelberg West. Maybe he was on his way home from training and called in for a “quick one”, unfortunately forgot his wallet......

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Houses of ill repute usually demand the cash up front before services are supplied

At least that is what l have been told

• Haha

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Houses of ill repute usually demand the cash up front before services are supplied

At least that is what l have been told
Was going to ask how you knew that TP.
Then you added a rider.
Not that houses of so called ill repute ate bad. Not for me though now or ever before.
Good for those who know of their existence to have that advice.

Reactions: 1 users