Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Why does Jonathon Brown constantly say that last years final was closer then the actual real result?
When he speaks about it, its like we won by 4pts on the last kick of the game.
I've watched that game many times.
They came out swinging, they could've been up by 15-25 at qtr time, but they weren't.
Mid way through the 2nd qtr, we started to dominate.
As soon as we hit the lead.
The game was over. The Brisbane players after half time tried there best, but when Dusty snapped the goal, while Rich stood there watching him.
It was over.

What they also fail to notice is: have a good look at where they were shooting for goal from. Their shots were a long way out, on tight angles etc. They were forced wide and forced to kick from distance because Richmond made their forward entries shallow and wide. It is not a surprise, or bad luck, or missing easy shots which led to Brisbane's inaccuracy in the QF, it was the fact that Richmond made sure they were not getting easy shots on goal.

I really don't care that the idiots in the media can't see this, all the better for us. But the other teams would definitely have picked this up as would Fagan and Brisbane. The media are either clueless or just want to run the narrative that somehow Brisbane could have and maybe should have won.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Lyon was talking about our winning streak against the lions tonight and he said " They'll never get a better chance to beat us". We are the reigning premiers for *smile* sake.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
A fine is the right punishment. Not a good look but not as bad as hitting someone's broken hand. If that was a fine this cant be a suspension

Reactions: 1 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
footy commentating has never ever been worse...apart from konrad marshal there is not a single newspaer or tv show i cant stand anymore...lyon and brown and the truly woeful barrett and eddie trump mcguire are simply unlistenable......footy classifieds is shock jock garbage,,,,,,,,maybe david king anf dermott b have some insights,,,,i havent bothered with SEN since KB left.......i just realise that the media has nothing to do with my enjoyment of football,,,,,,oh i dont mind wheatly and hudson ,,but y god its basically a bunch of boring old farts

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Campaign has already started to get lynch rubbed out....
Yep, thought the same thing. It’s like where in society everyone wants to be righteous and rush to be offended, in footy everyone wants tofind these heinous crimes and be the first to squeal.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yep, thought the same thing. It’s like where in society everyone wants to be righteous and rush to be offended, in footy everyone wants tofind these heinous crimes and be the first to squeal.
Yep. What annoys me is it tends to depends on who the player is.

Reactions: 1 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
If Lynch deserves a week for that, then Cotchin should have gotten 2 weeks for the 2017 PF incident

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just read about the Barrett & Watson stoush , great to see every comment on the matter bagging the hell out of Barrett and been called the low life he is . I use to think I was becoming old and grumpy re the AFL Journos , I’m glad to see the majority of fans agree with me .

seriously get these Ambulance chasers out of the game , I know I’m a broken record with my thoughtS on Barrett , Robbo an Co but they are simply a massive negative on the game , pompous, egotistical nasty humans .

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just read about the Barrett & Watson stoush , great to see every comment on the matter bagging the hell out of Barrett and been called the low life he is . I use to think I was becoming old and grumpy re the AFL Journos , I’m glad to see the majority of fans agree with me .

seriously get these Ambulance chasers out of the game , I know I’m a broken record with my thoughtS on Barrett , Robbo an Co but they are simply a massive negative on the game , pompous, egotistical nasty humans .

Heard Watson’s response and Barrett’s best mate Garry Lyon backed Tim and was disappointed in Barrett’s comments.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Only when the accused is wearing a RFC guernsey.