Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Why, why, why, does the media show a picture of the Richmond bench when it talks about Medi-Sub Rule changes for 2023?

Richmond, The Football Club where all AFL rule changes are based :mad:

Article Image

Rule changes: Medi-sub set for 2023 overhaul​

The AFL will review how the medical sub operates to ease fears of club doctors being pressured to make calls on injured players. SUBSCRIBE to see how it could look next year.
I've wondered about this.
Is it to do with your cookies or something (I'm not a computer expert btw)? I find if I'm searching for something, then go to a news website, all of a sudden there are ads for websites I've been searching on.
Maybe the Hun (I'm assuming it's the HUN, I'm not a subscriber) or whoever website looks at your cookies, sees some Richmond stuff, and puts up a pick of Dusty. Are Collingwood supporters getting pics of Ginnivan and going "*smile* herald sun hates us"

I dunno.

either way, AFL media are *smile*

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've wondered about this.
Is it to do with your cookies or something (I'm not a computer expert btw)? I find if I'm searching for something, then go to a news website, all of a sudden there are ads for websites I've been searching on.
Maybe the Hun (I'm assuming it's the HUN, I'm not a subscriber) or whoever website looks at your cookies, sees some Richmond stuff, and puts up a pick of Dusty. Are Collingwood supporters getting pics of Ginnivan and going "*smile* herald sun hates us"

I dunno.

either way, AFL media are *smile*
Baloo said it might be how it works, but I confirmed this with a Scumwood supporter at work last year and his PC still showed Richmond.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Baloo said it might be how it works, but I confirmed this with a Scumwood supporter at work last year and his PC still showed Richmond.

Insinuates that Richmond are the main rorters of the medi-sub rule, actually it all started with Richmond when we scandalously subbed Vlaustin out for a minor injury that saw him miss 6 weeks.

• Angry
Reactions: 16 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Insinuates that Richmond are the main rorters of the medi-sub rule, actually it all started with Richmond when we scandalously subbed Vlaustin out for a minor injury that saw him miss 6 weeks.
Correction. He wasn’t subbed out for a minor injury, he was subbed out for a non existent fake injury…………………….that saw him miss 6 weeks

at least according to the media :)

Mind you, silvagni was subbed out the same game and played the following week, but crickets from the media about that

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We have the highest membership in the state. 2nd highest in the league.

They want to sell papers.
They target the market that they think will get people to buy the most of these said papers.

There's no conspiracy. I've said before on these forums, that (when we were crap) the Herald-Sun sports Editor (not Footy, but all sports)
told me that they sell the most amount of papers when Essendon were on the back page. They were always near the top of Victorian Membership
numbers. This was on a flight back from London, after the Olympic games and before the drugs saga.

When supporters are interested in their team, they buy more of everything about them, including Newspapers.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We have the highest membership in the state. 2nd highest in the league.

They want to sell papers.
They target the market that they think will get people to buy the most of these said papers.

There's no conspiracy. I've said before on these forums, that (when we were crap) the Herald-Sun sports Editor (not Footy, but all sports)
told me that they sell the most amount of papers when Essendon were on the back page. They were always near the top of Victorian Membership
numbers. This was on a flight back from London, after the Olympic games and before the drugs saga.

When supporters are interested in their team, they buy more of everything about them, including Newspapers.
I refuse to buy a HS and I'm on verge of pissing off Foxtel which I've had for over 20yrs.
I'm going to pay to read and listen to negative Richmond shiit every chance they get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I refuse to buy a HS and I'm on verge of pissing off Foxtel which I've had for over 20yrs.
I'm going to pay to read and listen to negative Richmond shiit every chance they get.
This is the thing..
It's not just 'Richmond' that they think sells news. It's 'negative Richmond'.

I *smile* off the HUN years ago. Who would buy that crap paper as a Tiger's supporter with Robbo as the chief?

Reactions: 4 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Yet it was the largest crowd since 1986?
The afl always fudges the over 100 000 figures a little, gws gf was 100014,so they just added a small increase ,yes the game was legitimately over 100,000 but the figure over that is creative.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Agree little zig ,refuse to.watch fox footy this week,boycott sen,not reading herald sun this week.
U only have to go back and read, listen to all mainstream media on last years ccj trade senario,everyone from Sam Edmund to herald sun biastly stated, cj can go to North in pre season draft so Richmond will be lucky to get pick in 30s ,in reality we were always getting pick 19.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Agree little zig ,refuse to.watch fox footy this week,boycott sen,not reading herald sun this week.
U only have to go back and read, listen to all mainstream media on last years ccj trade senario,everyone from Sam Edmund to herald sun biastly stated, cj can go to North in pre season draft so Richmond will be lucky to get pick in 30s ,in reality we were always getting pick 19.
Big Zip to you little Grass hopper

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
The afl always fudges the over 100 000 figures a little, gws gf was 100014,so they just added a small increase ,yes the game was legitimately over 100,000 but the figure over that is creative.

They didn't take the figures at 3/4 time that for sure. Couple of mates and me, pub bound. *smile* Geelong.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
RFC never received any great handouts or hand-ups to obtain extra assistance, empathetic/sympathetic support over those 37 years in the wilderness. One draft pick 1 - Deledio - rightfully for finishing last. Compare with Cartoon, SMelbourne and others.

Spare us the bleeding heart.

Alex Rance as a priority pick was pretty handy.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
End of first round. Unlike other clubs whose were directly after their first picks, or like Kreuzer who was a priority pick AHEAD of our pick when we finished last!
Thanks for that. Perfect rebuttal IMO. How many priority picks too for RFC, over all the 'forgotten years'?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Alex Rance as a priority pick was pretty handy.
That's actually not accurate.

We had one pick then, not two. We traded a pick to Footscray for McMahon. If we'd had two picks, you could possibly say Rance - but the second pick was going to be Scott Selwood.
That's not a great gift at all.