Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
IMO this is why no1 rates them as a contender. They peak during H&A & don't have that extra gear needed during Finals.

They have lost to Collingwood, Wc, Carlton & GWS.
There's no form line this year.
If we played hawthorn & GWS tommorow we would beat them.
If we played WC in round 5, again it would've been a different story.
I honestly believe whoever is in good form leading into the finals with a healthy list will win it.
But if the GF is in WA, put your house on Wc.
The umpires turned the game against Carlton. I hate Carlton but 2 or 3 really bad decisions deflated them. That's when WC took control.
We need to be around the mark and be ready for 4 hard games and we can win it. We destroy and humiliate teams and they want to play us in the finals.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I just read Sausage Gossage got the arse from channel 7 , hopefully he Dosent end up on SEN or fox, was woeful radio when he filled in on SEN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Apparently read the sports news on 7 in Perth
Channel 10. The entire Perth "News" team at Channel 10 got the flick. Channel 10's Perth News to be broadcast from Sydney from next month. New
owners finally woke up that no one watches 10 in Perth.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
No press conference from Dimma today he usually does one on a Friday from recollection. Hopefully there is a bit of a media black ban happening from our club after the junk and harassment served up to our club lately. Up yours you bunch of parasites!

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
No press conference from Dimma today he usually does one on a Friday from recollection. Hopefully there is a bit of a media black ban happening from our club after the junk and harassment served up to our club lately. Up yours you bunch of parasites!
Being a monday game i reckon it'll be today or maybe sunday

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They have lost to Collingwood, Wc, Carlton & GWS.
There's no form line this year.
If we played hawthorn & GWS tommorow we would beat them.
If we played WC in round 5, again it would've been a different story.
I honestly believe whoever is in good form leading into the finals with a healthy list will win it.
But if the GF is in WA, put your house on Wc.
The umpires turned the game against Carlton. I hate Carlton but 2 or 3 really bad decisions deflated them. That's when WC took control.
We need to be around the mark and be ready for 4 hard games and we can win it. We destroy and humiliate teams and they want to play us in the finals.
I am still bullish on us, Port have been up all yr & can't let tonights game happen again. Cats are peaking in H&A but we see this every year with them. As for us we have plenty of upside in how we are going, Teams should be looking to start peaking around 2-3 games before H&A is done & we are not there yet & some teams have peaked already.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I am still bullish on us, Port have been up all yr & can't let tonights game happen again. Cats are peaking in H&A but we see this every year with them. As for us we have plenty of upside in how we are going, Teams should be looking to start peaking around 2-3 games before H&A is done & we are not there yet & some teams have peaked already.
Only saw the first half , thought Port looked sluggish right from the start, in saying that I thought Geelong looked good, geez they left plenty of space in the forward 50 for Hawkins , no mean feet in today’s game.

I still think with the uniqueness of the 2020 season that if you make the finals you can win it with just a few weeks of good footy , however I think the Cats are a better team then Port, Ports future maybe brighter, however they’ve still got a lot of weaknes’s I feel , B grade midfield, small down back , big Charlie as there only real marking/competing target in the forward half, the Cats look solid to me theyve added good youth with a bit of pace, yep there’s a few of the older “stars” about to fall of the perch , however this short season may help there title aspirations, I’d have them as favourites

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Apollo Creed once said,
Rocky, hey Rock. 'Eye of the tiger'
'Eye of the tiger'

We haven't got the Eye of the tiger this year.
We have 'Eye of the butterfly'

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
It looked to me that port had an emotional let down after building themselves up to beat us that i think the wider ground hurts them

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think Ports weekness is their backline which kept us in the Game last week - strengthening our midfield means we have better delivery and more inside 50’s - we should beat Port next time.

Geelong strength is their forward line, combined with their mids all playing well and at full strength, so therefore put them up against Ports weakness and in hindsight they won easily.

I also think Hinkley may have won the long game against Scott - no way in a final would Hinkley let Hawkins have so many one on ones and kick a bag like he did last night. Keep Hawkins to a couple of goals only and if Dixon is given better delivery it could be a different game. Port won’t be that flat again (unless they come off a game with us again :) ).

Let the cats crow now cause it an‘t a final.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Robbo just said Hawkins was the best game played in 20 years .... this man is not paid enough money as our best journo

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Robbo just said Hawkins was the best game played in 20 years .... this man is not paid enough money as our best journo
Shuts me when a player has a good game and the ridiculous accolades come out.

Petracca has passed Dusty.. .

• Haha