Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Last night, i saw the "hate" media at work.
I recall in 2011
Collingwood were $4 favourites for the flag and then Geelong at 5.50, then Stkilda, then hawthorn.
Out of 8 media people, 7 selected Collingwood to win the flag.
Lets to go last night, 4 people,
Sportsbet odds Richmond $4.50
Collingwood $5.50, WC $ 6.00
GWS $6.50.
1 selected us to win it,
Then Healy and his love afffair with the eagles, said if the borders opened up the GF should be played in WA.
Chock block Brown picked GWS on the back of Wards return, pity they lost a GF by 15 goals.
And then Lyon the pussy said what he saw from Collingwood round 1 was enough to pick them.
Riewodlt was the only realistic person on that panel.
Our best is the best in the comp by a country mile.
Wc will have a shocking season just wait and see. Some of there players were in tears leaving WA just for 1 month.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I don't give two hoots what any of them think.

Just keep winning medals and cups boys!

Reactions: 1 user

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
I recall in 2011
Collingwood were $4 favourites for the flag and then Geelong at 5.50, then Stkilda, then hawthorn.
GWS $6.50.
1 selected us to win it,
Then Healy and his love afffair with the eagles, said if the borders opened up the GF should be played in WA.
Chock block Brown picked GWS on the back of Wards return, pity they lost a GF by 15 goals.
And then Lyon the pussy said what he saw from Collingwood round 1 was enough to pick them.
Wc will have a shocking season just wait and see. Some of there players were in tears leaving WA just for 1 month.

Here you go Zipps, all is forgiven. The hateful media have picked the mighty Tigers as this years premiers.
I knew they'd come around.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I recall in 2011
GWS $6.50.
1 selected us to win it,
So the same ppl that wrote us off multiple times last yr then. I am more than fine with that.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I admire the passion but not selecting Richmond to win the flag or even win a game doesn't mean you hate them.

It's just an opinion and it would be pretty boring TV if they all went with the same side.
I do agree here tho with some media u can almost tell they are trying to convince themselves why "team x" can beat us when they are speaking about it.
As we saw last yr 99% of them got it wrong on us multiple times.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Here you go Zipps, all is forgiven. The hateful media have picked the mighty Tigers as this years premiers.
I knew they'd come around.

David king WC "i haven't seen a reason to jump off them"
Not sure what he is talking about.
Did he miss the entire 2019 season?

[email protected]

Tiger Cub
Mar 17, 2014
Dont think the Tigers have ever really been given the accolades they deserve...Since start of 2017 season 50 wins to 17 losses and in the 3 final series 7 wins to 1 loss Avge. winning margin in finals 45pts....pretty dominant I would have thought.
If that were Collingwood we would be erecting a statue of Eddie in City Square and replacing Luna Park mouth with his.

Would like to see another good season and perhaps then recognition will finally come.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The hate from the media and plenty of opposition supporters is because we’re not meant to be any good. We’re like a kid who got picked on at school, then spent a summer in the gym and grew a few inches, coming back to pay his tormentors back and make them look silly.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I know it shouldn’t bother me but the article by Jon Ralph annoyed me a bit today.
“ premier Richmond will step foot out of Victoria only once in the first 7 rounds of the season.........”
True, but nowhere in the article does he say the same goes for Essendon, Hawthorn, bulldogs, carlton any North Melbourne. Or the fact st Kilda don’t “step foot” out of Victoria at all!!!!

”Richmond is yet to take advantage of a generous draw..........sees it play WC in qld instead of Perth...”
Again, true but doesn’t mention a generous draw that gives north Melbourne all games except one at marvel stadium.

”....will dodge playing GWS and WC at their home ground.....”
True, but the fact is GWS is our home game. No mention about North Melbourne playing an away game against MCG tenant hawthorn..

Probably minor things but the selective writing makes out we are the only ones getting favourable treatment ( which I don’t think is the case in this *smile* up season)
and I believe he is a tigers supporter :mad:
a bit of fairness in reporting wouldn’t go astray. I know it’s too much to ask for

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I know it shouldn’t bother me but the article by Jon Ralph annoyed me a bit today.
“ premier Richmond will step foot out of Victoria only once in the first 7 rounds of the season.........”
True, but nowhere in the article does he say the same goes for Essendon, Hawthorn, bulldogs, carlton any North Melbourne. Or the fact st Kilda don’t “step foot” out of Victoria at all!!!!

”Richmond is yet to take advantage of a generous draw..........sees it play WC in qld instead of Perth...”
Again, true but doesn’t mention a generous draw that gives north Melbourne all games except one at marvel stadium.

True, but the fact is GWS is our home game. No mention about North Melbourne playing an away game against MCG tenant hawthorn..

Probably minor things but the selective writing makes out we are the only ones getting favourable treatment ( which I don’t think is the case in this *smile* up season)
a bit of fairness in reporting wouldn’t go astray. I know it’s too much to ask for

Even the one's that support us bag us.
Mick Warner is the only one to always jump to our defence.
Foxtel is an industry built on the back of Richmond haters.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

He's just being really foolish. There are so many inequities in this draw it's just ridiculous. Sure, it's all highly difficult with Covid but many clubs are getting prejudiced fixtures while other clubs look highly advantaged thus far.

But no doubt the AFL will ensure an absolutely fair and equal fixture for all clubs in the end. I put my faith in them ... totally.

[I am also winning Div.1 tattslotto tonight].

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Any mention of Port Adelaide's extremely generous draw?

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
The media is garbage. Growing up in the late 1960s and early 1970s, 6 Games on a Saturday afternoon late edition of the Herald and Sporting Globe would have a proper summary of the games. None of the current print journos are fit to wipe the mud from Alf Browns shoes.
The overwhelming majority of Radio and Tv commentators like the sound of their own voice. KB is the best caller by a country mile just calls the game.
The special commentators drive me crazy so much irrelevant drivel. They need to be sent to school and shown Richie Benaud videos.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Well, to be fair to Jon Ralph here, none of those other teams are Premiers.