Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Eh, they slapped us in 95 zips...

The article refers to Geelong being the 1995 version of Carlton.
They are lucky to be the 1995 version of Fitzroy.
They kicked 1 goal in 3qtrs, we lost both lynch and Soldo in the game.
We kicked 15 behinds, the result flattered them, it shouldve been 10 goals.
NOT sure why they are using the Gabba as an advantage.
We have lost once in 11 years there.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Don’t get it. He already has 2 premiership.
Not like he’s retiring with nothing.

They hate us.
It was either a week listening to the Cinderella story of Brisbane or the Dangerfield and Ablett story for a week.
I happy we got Geelong because the umpires tried there very best to keep Brisbane in the game.
11-2 free kicks in the first half.
The number 26 umpire should've been wearing a Brisbane beanie.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Only issue I had with the deliberate calls on Friday was that it was the obvious rule of the week for the maggots. Media up in arms over a whole six deliberate calls when the years average is one call per game.
Problem was immediately rectified on Sat afternoon n the rule was dropped straight back into the bin for last nights game.

Leaves me wondering what rule of the week they're going to bring in for the Granny, maybe some sort of fancy no pressure allowed rule just so Dangerflog, little Gazza n the Geelol boys can win a bruise free flag to highlight their careers.
Rule of the week?! Didn’t apply last night.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Looking forward to a week of Gabblett and Clanger tire pumping, pundits debating how to beat Richmond to the point come Friday they believe it will happen, highlighting our "indescretions" and pretty much feeding the lust for a Geelong win.

Then I want to see Scott's face when the final siren goes and he's lost to Richmonf again. See him standing out on the G as the losing coach waiting to be allowed to run away.

But despite the head high milking, I rate Selwood as a Captain and player. Plenty of respect for him when he's forced to give what must be the AFL's worst ceremony, the losing Captains speech.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The article refers to Geelong being the 1995 version of Carlton.
They are lucky to be the 1995 version of Fitzroy.
They kicked 1 goal in 3qtrs, we lost both lynch and Soldo in the game.
We kicked 15 behinds, the result flattered them, it shouldve been 10 goals.
NOT sure why they are using the Gabba as an advantage.
We have lost once in 11 years there.
Once in 16 years, zipper.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
These mindless media flogs dream up some stupid scenario while having a wank and run with it. Means less than nothing.

Parrott.
Said today that Geelong were missing Duncan and Hawkins in last year's prelimarly final.
All he had to do was go back 5 weeks ago both Duncan and Hawkins played and we slapped the crap out of them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I know that Hardwick brushes aside things that come out of Scott's mouth but he needs to highlight to these media flogs that we have lost once at the Gabba in 11 years.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I know that Hardwick brushes aside things that come out of Scott's mouth but he needs to highlight to these media flogs that we have lost once at the Gabba in 11 years.

Disagree, it is an irrelevance.

We play Geelong on Saturday, in a Grand Final. We face the team we face, we are at the ground it is scheduled at, and we control what we can control.

Dimma won't be paying much or any attention to what Scott says, and Scott won't be listening in on Dimma's press either.

What Dimma will concetrate on is how to beat Geelong and how to get our team playing at its very best to do so.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Disagree, it is an irrelevance.

We play Geelong on Saturday, in a Grand Final. We face the team we face, we are at the ground it is scheduled at, and we control what we can control.

Dimma won't be paying much or any attention to what Scott says, and Scott won't be listening in on Dimma's press either.

What Dimma will concetrate on is how to beat Geelong and how to get our team playing at its very best to do so.

DS
Agree. Just need to be on our game for 4 quarters. If we do we will be very hard to beat.

We really haven't clicked yet. Been some unforced errors from most players in the last few weeks. Look out if we get it right.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Parrott.
Said today that Geelong were missing Duncan and Hawkins in last year's prelimarly final.
All he had to do was go back 5 weeks ago both Duncan and Hawkins played and we slapped the crap out of them.

I herd similiar on sen lol.Going back to a game 1 year ago different sides and personal and even styles.As you said 5 weeks ago not to mention our outs to 5 weeks ago to and circumstances.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Don’t get it. He already has 2 premiership.
Not like he’s retiring with nothing.

Yep and left the club he was a father son selection at to chase more money , then deserted them ,

I’ve got nothing against him at all , his life, his choices , great player , just don’t see why we should kiss his feet, if he was a one club player with no premierships I would understand it .

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not sure what we ever did to be so despised by the media

The more they pump up geelong the greater tge tears

Reactions: 1 users