Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
The Adelaide Advertiser‘s sports editor must have misplaced Friday nights PF match report.
Plenty written in the lead up, zilch after.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The support for Cats is growing amongst AFL players.

Disappointing that a life long Tiger supporter, Max Gawn is going for The Cats.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Tim Watson remembered he was a Tiger supporter at one stage by the looks of it this morning. The site that can’t be mentioned reporting that he brought up Salty’s “Richmond aren’t a great team” comment from March despite his fake respect mumbo jumbo from Saturday night in trying to say we are favourites.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
I'm already sick of the crap around who was missing from Geelong's RND 17 team last time Richmond played them, the Tigers were missing Edwards, Prestia, Nakervis,Broad and Astbury. Nank, Prestia and Edwards are all fresh and waiting to explode. Media are muppets.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm already sick of the crap around who was missing from Geelong's RND 17 team last time Richmond played them, the Tigers were missing Edwards, Prestia, Nakervis,Broad and Astbury. Nank, Prestia and Edwards are all fresh and waiting to explode. Media are muppets.

We also lost Soldo and Lynch in that game.

But I don't think any of it matters much.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Quick question
Why has Pinocchio waited till today to bag the umpire's.
'We had the scenario this weekend we had 1 umpire in each of the games totally out of their depth"
Let me see, was it the free kick payed against Ablett or the 11-2 free kick count at half time or that umpire 26 paid Brisbane 6 straight free kicks in the first half?..
Why wasn't this an issue when we got bent over against Brisbane??
Cornes still going on that Hartless deliberate wasn't deliberate.
Why hasn't anyone told him it was a THROW too. It wouldnt matter.
I'm pretty sure the umpires Pinocchio was talking about was the number 26 Luigi Calamari and Deboy.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Wow - u cud knock me over with a feather - Barret has picked Goosooks to win. hahahahahahaha

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
People have absolutely no idea when it comes to umpiring.

Jonas absolutely clubbed Riewoldt in the first quarter and the crowd went nuts booing. Then they showed the replay of him clubbing him and they booed more. :rotfl2

I always say the AFL should do more to spread the word on umpiring rationale. As a minimum they should put the presentation the clubs get each year on their website. The deliberate rule is really simple when you see that. Like every rule apart from maybe the rushed behind, they judge the result of your action, not the motivation or intent.

I think it was Bolton last night who was being tackled and kicked it straight over the line without a team mate around. So he put the ball over the line with no other option around so it's deliberate. The pressure is irrelevant, in the same way we don't say Jonas clubbed Riewoldt, but it was in a contest and he was under pressure and probably didn't mean it, so play on.
And yet I’ve heard umpires say “not deliberate he was under pressure”. So maybe the umpires need to read the afl’s packages given to clubs at start of the season.
If you are referring to the Bolton one when he was tackled and hand balled it over - he had no way of controlling the direction the ball took after he handballed because he was being spun 360degrees. Insufficient intent to keep the ball in or no other option but to handball before being pinged.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
More & more...
Mark Stevens on the Cat bandwagon..

Attachments

• 74CE4682-9549-484B-9990-5D38FA49E4E0.jpeg
    74CE4682-9549-484B-9990-5D38FA49E4E0.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
In case anyone is wondering, the other team in the grand final is Richmond apparently. If you look really hard you might find a small mention of them in the media

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
In case anyone is wondering, the other team in the grand final is Richmond apparently. If you look really hard you might find a small mention of them in the media
Actually as much as it angers me and upsets me, let most be on the Cats bandwagon.
Let the pressure build on them !

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Gabblett Grand Finale story is already getting tiresome. Throw in the Clangerfield focused and determined to be a Premiership player and it's truly a G Rated Family Fun Saturday Evening Double Header. A bit nauseating.

But, what's worse, are the RFC supporters calling in having a moan that everyone is focusing on Geelong and not us. It's coming across as quite precious and pathetic.

Reactions: 2 users