Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
You want to see some blatant biased commentary check out the NRL grand final. I never watch the game, but this is a whole new level of disgraceful
Yep the NSWRL hasnt yet come to terms that they now have 6 teams outside of the state.

They love the money the outsiders bring to the comp but give them nothing.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Commetti never rated us he's always been a critic and consistantly derided the Tigers.

yeah, its a shame as he was the best commentator apart from that. Mind you, for most of his career we were shyte so I can understand it.

Dennis Commetti - his hairstyle and head screams "I am a football commentator"

1603632450795.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
yeah, its a shame as he was the best commentator apart from that. Mind you, for most of his career we were shyte so I can understand it.
He was the best geez from the likes of Commetti, Roberts in his Prime and the late Clinton Grybas we now have BT and Basil.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I dunno. I reckon the bulk of the impartials would have enjoyed the Dusty show. You were watching something truly special. Especially his last goal. You just know you will see that clip over and over for decades to come.
Have watched that last goal 20x now. Best part is watching the random Richmond supporters in the crowd jump to their feet, arms raised, before Dusty has even kicked the ball

We know, we just know something is going to happen when He gets the ball

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Commetti never rated us he's always been a critic and consistantly derided the Tigers.
And has now been outed as a complete tosser. An ignoramus about contemporary RFC - the Hardwick Era.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Media of a slightly different kind - I hate seeing the phone videos of the players celebrating. That should all be behind closed doors - phones locked up for the night. I’d hate to be celebrating anything now with EVERYTHING on the record.

Tigers Let’s Roar

Long time reader, spasmodic contributor
Apr 22, 2004
Melbourne
BT was flat and very poor post game. Really looked like he didn’t want to be doing the post game walk around, seemed to labour through it without enthusiasm

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Did something different last night, went on you tube and played via my mobile the MMM call of the game. Put it in sync to the TV replay for the 2nd half & it was so much better. ( Brayshaw, Carey & Co).

Havent listened to the other radio broadcasters yet. Cant wait for the bluray with audio options.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I dunno. I reckon the bulk of the impartials would have enjoyed the Dusty show. You were watching something truly special. Especially his last goal. You just know you will see that clip over and over for decades to come.
Most of my NON tigers mates texts had two sentiments: Tigers too good, Martin the greatest.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
BT was flat and very poor post game. Really looked like he didn’t want to be doing the post game walk around, seemed to labour through it without enthusiasm
He had no match practice.,and maybe after watching a season of no roaming Brian he worked out for himself that no one missed him.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
o_O

Isn't this the footy media thread? Just watched my first Richmond Grand Final on TV and hated the experience. Every time there was a big moment, instead of soaking it up we went to an ad. Totally ruined the flow of the experience.

I don't care who provides the service, let 7 provide a pay stream without ads if they like.
I've read other comments now...see your point. I thought you were advocating that everyone should have to pay, no FTA.
But as someone who has never gone with Foxtel I'm pretty immune to the ad breaks. I use them to refill refreshments, talk with whoever I am watching with, or if on my own post on PRE, and read the posts of learned and passionate posters.
This year I went with Kayo for the games not on 7 but look forward to getting back to the pub for those games in 2021.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How nice to wake up to no negative comments about our brilliant club.
Just sit back and listen to the haters praise us all day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As far as I could tell there was no rain for the whole game. We dismantled the Cats in conditions that were favourable to their game style.
We proved that we are the best in any conditions.............in any weather you will see us with a grin......................

Suck it up haters, suck it up!!!!

Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
for the first time ever I turned off the Ch7 commentary after the first quarter ..................i cant not believe just how much I enjoy the game after i did that .................ever again will listen to them calling my team again .sub standard...bias and mostly factual incorrect comments.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
for the first time ever I turned off the Ch7 commentary after the first quarter ..................i cant not believe just how much I enjoy the game after i did that .................ever again will listen to them calling my team again .sub standard...bias and mostly factual incorrect comments.

It’s long been my standard practice to have the sound off for all live games - and the GF was no exception
(That said I’ll flick it on if there are incidents such as Vlossy going down)

So it was only when watching the replay yesterday that I listened to the drivel of McAnaney and his grovelling adulation of the Diver and the “little master”
Don't actually mind hearing it after the event when I know for a fact he’s gotten it all wrong

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It’s long been my standard practice to have the sound off for all live games - and the GF was no exception
(That said I’ll flick it on if there are incidents such as Vlossy going down)

So it was only when watching the replay yesterday that I listened to the drivel of McAnaney and his grovelling adulation of the Diver and the “little master”
Don't actually mind hearing it after the event when I know for a fact he’s gotten it all wrong
I'm with you @Tenacious ... this is how I've watched it for years... even games not involving us.

I can't stand all the mindless *smile* they waffle on about and the scripted rubbish they somehow believe enhances our experience.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

It's been a revelation for me. Massive reduction in my stress level. I rewind the goals and turn the sound on for a few seconds during the game.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Turned SEN this morning, listening to their commentary of Dustys goal at the end compared to how flat and boring Bruce was. Wow, chalk and cheese.