Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep, got the impression too.

They all knew 5 minutes into the last it was all over.
Don't listen to people they still were in it.
We still had gears to go up to, they were treading water for 45 minutes.
Good luck catching us when they're a year older.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Loved the camera just catching him turn around screaming “f**k” as Dustys snap sails through just before half time.

I thought that was in the first minute of the game, when he saw Castagna in the goal square

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Geelong clear premiership favourites for 2021 according to Dwayne Russell. You cannot make this stuff up!!!
He's right you know. Jez Cameron will provide the cats insights on how to beat us in a Grand Final.

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geelong clear premiership favourites for 2021 according to Dwayne Russell. You cannot make this stuff up!!!
Someone else (one of those snotty nose plicks, Tom Morris or Sam Mclure ) also labelled Geelong flag faves for ‘21 because they’re loading up on 32 yr olds in Smith and Higgins and 28 yr old Cameron.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Someone else (one of those snotty nose plicks, Tom Morris or Sam Mclure ) also labelled Geelong flag faves for ‘21 because they’re loading up on 32 yr olds in Smith and Higgins and 28 yr old Cameron.

That cliff just got higher.

What is staggering is that the average age of the cats probably just went down despite the recruitment of more dads army

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That cliff just got higher.

What is staggering is that the average age of the cats probably just went down despite the recruitment of more dads army
Miniscule drop. Lose a 36 and a 34 year old and replace them with two 32 year olds. Drop off of six years to be spread between the 22 players for an avge of just over 3 months, then ya need to factor in that all the other players will still keep getting older than they were this year.
Geelol's biggest issue is that very few of their younger players had much input throughout this season so unlikely to push out many of the older regulars. Last few seasons we've pushed games into quite a few youngsters n they've stood up well enough to be finals contributors.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
That has to be a very good sign as there generally wrong when actually talking what happens on the afield. Just ImHo even with them adding some stars of the early 90s there list in general should be starting to drop off, Selwood tried to be as inspirational as ever in the GF, however his not the player he once was, Dangerfield is going to have to shake off some huge finals mental demons now, Taylor and Ablett gone , if they were keeping kids like Cockatoo and Narkle you could think the youth may give them some spark , I think they’ll be there abouts , just can’t see them making the GF next season.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Biggest flaw, no ticker.

Watch the last qtr of the grand final.

They just gave up, pure and simple.
Not just the GF, but the 2017 Quali and 2019 Prelim. Each and evry one of those games it's written all over their faces!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It's great; love it! Just shows they still cannot comprehend how we play. Same same.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Great news. Hope all the meeja fall for this bulldust AGAIN. I reckon they'll jump back on the Brisvegas and Poort bandwagons as higher contenders than us too. Meanwhile:
  1. We don't get a terrible run of injuries for the first time in 3 years
  2. We are back playing at the G with a normal share of HGs, especially in the run up to 2021 finals
  3. Our promising young players like RCD, CCJ, Dow, Martyn et al step up to challenge any older guys for a place should they fall away, joining Balta/Bolton/Baker combo to make our team is even stronger with greater depth than even our 2020 side.
We love to be the underdog and fly under the radar. Bring it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
That has to be a very good sign as there generally wrong when actually talking what happens on the afield. Just ImHo even with them adding some stars of the early 90s there list in general should be starting to drop off, Selwood tried to be as inspirational as ever in the GF, however his not the player he once was, Dangerfield is going to have to shake off some huge finals mental demons now, Taylor and Ablett gone , if they were keeping kids like Cockatoo and Narkle you could think the youth may give them some spark , I think they’ll be there abouts , just can’t see them making the GF next season.
I see it this way too. Maybe more hoping b/c I just cant stand Geelong!
I reckon going back to longer quarters, hopefully, wont help them either.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Barrett has tried to WRITE the Tigers off all year, he is so unaccountable to his dribble, it is purely his hopes and dreams that Richmond fail, nothing to do with logic or facts. would have to be the most over rated so called expert in the media, I especially loved his prediction on the Tiger Dynasty ending against Port. he really needs to be held to account on his garbage opinions.
He's written us off multiple times & been wrong each time. Don't forget "No Rance no flag, Tiger fans get your heads around that"

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
made the error of listing to the "pure footy" podcast, it was all about bloody Geelong. went through each 1/4 & last term & post game they barely mentioned us at all...

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yep. Younger Bro n I were texting *smile* at one another during the game. I had a crack about his mob for using a lot of elbows n knees just after Broady staggered off in need of a spell.
Got the response mid way through the second qtr that we couldn't handle their pressure. Needless to say that his Moggies folded late in that qtr, ably led into irrelevance by the mighty Dangerclench.
Just happened to mention after the match that after beating them in three finals matches from three attempts and coming from behind in the last two. That his mob were nothing but pretenders. Got not so politely told to Foff n haven't heard from him since :rotfl1. Geelol supporters are just like their team, plenty of strut n macho when they're skiing down hill. No ticker when the *smile* hits the fan n they go into snivel mode.
If u look at all our Finals against them we buried them in the 2nd half of each. only difference with '17 was we were in front at half time & the game should have already been over by then if we could just hit the scoreboard, which we did after half time.