Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
This is funny to watch now. I love how the media writes off the tiges after a nightmare season even though we were 15-7 in 2015 and had the worst pressure and gameplan in the comp in 16 that didn't match our personnel. Who would have thought that a team with riewoldt, Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Grimes, lambert and vlaustin could win a flag

Great insights from a couple of leading AFL journalists. Worth a listen to tiger fans.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Great insights from a couple of leading AFL journalists. Worth a listen to tiger fans.
It would be great to be able to travel back in time. I'd like to walk in at the conclusion of that discussion and say to Lloyd, "Hi, I'm from the future. Dion Prestia is now a three-time Richmond premiership player, and Jacob Townsend is playing for Essendon. But don't worry, he's a premiership player, too. See ya."

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It would be great to be able to travel back in time. I'd like to walk in at the conclusion of that discussion and say to Lloyd, "Hi, I'm from the future. Dion Prestia is now a three-time Richmond premiership player, and Jacob Townsend is playing for Essendon. But don't worry, he's a premiership player, too. See ya."

LLoyd would be on the edge of his seat with that. Essendon won a premiership, big smile breaks out on his face, and you'd have to turn around and go, "oh and he won that at the Tiges too, Essendon are still really *smile* but winning trade week"

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
In fairness to reporting community, the little I have read or viewed via the net the pundits and scribes have been grudgingly positive in their respect for our achievement this season even Robbo and Barrett. It must hurt them to do so but at least they have done so

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
In fairness to reporting community, the little I have read or viewed via the net the pundits and scribes have been grudgingly positive in their respect for our achievement this season even Robbo and Barrett. It must hurt them to do so but at least they have done so
Took them till after the GF to say anything even remotely positive about us.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
This is funny to watch now. I love how the media writes off the tiges after a nightmare season even though we were 15-7 in 2015 and had the worst pressure and gameplan in the comp in 16 that didn't match our personnel. Who would have thought that a team with riewoldt, Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Grimes, lambert and vlaustin could win a flag

Thanks for posting that, it’s fascinating to watch back now.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Took them till after the GF to say anything even remotely positive about us.
Exactly. They were death-riding us for most of the season. Barrett was still saying the era was over before the prelim. Nobody challenged Hartlett's call about people wanting to see our season ended because they all agreed.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Given how 2020 panned out, with the hubs, short games, etc. How could you say our era would be ended if we lost the PF or the GF?

This was a weird year and if we had not won, a reasonable comment would be that that 2020 was not a year you could make a medium term judgement from.

Just silly clickbait thinking from Barrett and the rest of them, also very short term thinking, as in, no-one will remember what these morons write more than a week after they have written it. While this is mostly true, the internet means that we don't need to remember their idiocy to be able to bring it back up.

I don't think this period will go down as a period of quality journalism, and not just on footy. One hopes that the quality of journalism rises again some time soon. Certainly some of the sites like The Mongrel Punt and a few others does give some hope.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Herald Sun predictions are out and David King and Mark Robinson both have Richmond premiers and Tom Lynch leading goal kicker.
The other so called experts have found weakness in our side.
This is the side that has buried 3 sides in GFs.
If we have weakness what do the 17 others have?
I can't see who beats us, especially now we are back at the G.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Herald Sun predictions are out and David King and Mark Robinson both have Richmond premiers and Tom Lynch leading goal kicker.
The coward Ralph tipped someone else.
Thats good.
Alot of the others have been sucked in by the pensioners at Geelong and they think Danihiar will stand up for an whole season.
Brisbane will be the GWS of 2021

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Slow learners.

Does this mean we're now f***ed and won't get 3 in a row?

DS

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Oh well atleast we can save some money in September this year.

No doubt it’s impossible to predict injuries, draws, lower teams improvement, however could we be more unlucky then have Robbo and the stats man tip us , maybe after all Shockings failed attempts to stop the juggernaut that is the RFC this was his last resort :cool: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Oh well atleast we can save some money in September this year.

No doubt it’s impossible to predict injuries, draws, lower teams improvement, however could we be more unlucky then have Robbo and the stats man tip us , maybe after all Shockings failed attempts to stop the juggernaut that is the RFC this was his last resort :cool: ;)

The bigger impact Mr Burnside, will be your cursing of the How Now Brown Dow last week ! Kid was going so well too...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Robbo's top 50 has dropped, remember this one is on potential for the upcoming year.

Tigers featured:

39 Bolton
38 Lynch
35 Short
25 Vlastuin
21 Grimes
1 Martin

Article mentions Balta was in the cut of 70 and Prestia missed because of injury.
Looks like the Dusty one's gotta carry the mob of mid range average players again this year. Five bloody nuffers in the 20 to 40 range n a couple of nearly almost made the lists.
If it wasn't for Dusty a Tige would starve.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
We can then add in a few 'bit' players like Cotchin, Edwards, Houli & Jack we arent going too bad

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Robbo's top 50 has dropped, remember this one is on potential for the upcoming year.

Tigers featured:

39 Bolton
38 Lynch
35 Short
25 Vlastuin
21 Grimes
1 Martin

Article mentions Balta was in the cut of 70 and Prestia missed because of injury.
How's Edwards not on that list?