Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I only watch the footy shows just after winning premierships these days...Hard for them to ignore us.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If you're on Twitter, @TBtranslator aka Tom Browne Translator is worth a follow.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Does The media (Parrott, Cornes & Robinson)
realise that we have 3 extra draft picks this year??
Get ready for the sooking

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
How's Demetriou being on Classified? Some kind of sick joke. The guy is an embarassment after the Crown investigation.

Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
How's Demetriou being on Classified? Some kind of sick joke. The guy is an embarassment after the Crown investigation.
Totally agree did runner after dons scandal wiped his hands clean.I wonder who rang up there president and tipped him off they were going to get raided.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its unbelievable they have brought him back like we want to see him

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
He’s a consistently dodgy operator.

He was filling his boots between the AFL great escape and the Crown fiasco...

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
And I was interested to hear his response to Eddie's probing and prodding re: Benny as the next CEO of the AFL.

Clear as day to me that the AFL, incl Demetriou, are not pro-Gale. Just a vibe I have. Maybe Benny has too much integrity for the AFL to handle, maybe he wont continue with their dodgy ways, their boys club, their junkets and head office fat cat practices. Maybe Benny places too much attention on good culture, respect and diversity as the backbone to a good business - something the AFL doesnt. Maybe he respects the fans and other stakeholders too much. Maybe he's just too good a guy compared to their political manoeuvering, to be recruited to a job he would be perfect for. Pity for them. So... Demetriou mentions names like Xavier Campbell as if he's achieved greatness at Essendon (??) or Dave Matthews (anyone watch the Amazon doco; yeah sure great leader is Matthews!!) and even mentions 66 year old Brian Cook. Really? As if. They have overlooked Cook on 2 or occasions.

By mentioning these other names - can you believe he mentioned Xavier Campbell, for what achievements ?? - its a way to downplay Gale. Benny has no chance, he has too many genuinely good and authentic characteristics and strengths to play in the bullpit, corrupt ways of the AFL.

Reactions: 11 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Totally agree did runner after dons scandal wiped his hands clean.I wonder who rang up there president and tipped him off they were going to get raided.

Demestos stumbled out the door because he was pushed.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And I was interested to hear his response to Eddie's probing and prodding re: Benny as the next CEO of the AFL.

Clear as day to me that the AFL, incl Demetriou, are not pro-Gale. Just a vibe I have. Maybe Benny has too much integrity for the AFL to handle, maybe he wont continue with their dodgy ways, their boys club, their junkets and head office fat cat practices. Maybe Benny places too much attention on good culture, respect and diversity as the backbone to a good business - something the AFL doesnt. Maybe he respects the fans and other stakeholders too much. Maybe he's just too good a guy compared to their political manoeuvering, to be recruited to a job he would be perfect for. Pity for them. So... Demetriou mentions names like Xavier Campbell as if he's achieved greatness at Essendon (??) or Dave Matthews (anyone watch the Amazon doco; yeah sure great leader is Matthews!!) and even mentions 66 year old Brian Cook. Really? As if. They have overlooked Cook on 2 or occasions.

By mentioning these other names - can you believe he mentioned Xavier Campbell, for what achievements ?? - its a way to downplay Gale. Benny has no chance, he has too many genuinely good and authentic characteristics and strengths to play in the bullpit, corrupt ways of the AFL.

Yeah that's been a vibe for a while. I suspect things are very cosy for the boys club and they'd suspect Gale would clean the place out. They aren't beholden to shareholders so the books are closed. Who knows what someone with integrity in the top job would find.

If somehow Benny did get the gig, it would be worth investing in paper shredding rental firms.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Get ready for a mini explosion of joy.
All week all i heard 'even if they lose and don't get blown away, they can take things away from the game'
Now they have won, Klennex needs to increase its production

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Great Post. Good analysis. Agree. Benny would upset these crooks applecart.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Robbo posted his dislike of the weekend.
"Lynch on 800k and doing sweet FA"
He has deleted the post.
Over 100 replies telling him to STFU. Even supporters from other clubs were giving it to him.
Screenshot_20210426-162257_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210426-162217_Samsung Internet.jpg