Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
We don't recruit accumulaters and there's nothing about him that screams Richmond man! Pass for me.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Full of shitt.
Hawthorn want picks and there's no chance the club wil give away first rounders on a player like Mitchell.
Best case scenario would be 2nd rounder And a player like Chol, Ross, Etc.
I would rather the club use Cj and a first rounder to get Green or Tarranto.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watching OTC and they raise -
We need shorter games
We needwildcard weekend

What has happened to the shocking designed greatest season Eva???

FFS I wish they’d make up their minds. How about accept not every team can win the flag and not every game will be 19 goals to 18?

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We need shorter games
We needwildcard weekend

FFS I wish they’d make up their minds. How about accept not every team can win the flag and not every game will be 19 goals to 18?

FFS we don't need the stupid ideas from the morons in the media, the AFL already have a high paid moron changing the rules every 5 minutes.

We don't need shorter games (although, maybe if they didn't wait half an hour between goals it would be shorter); we don't need some stupid wild card round.

Leave it alone.

The AFL are custodians of the game, not owners, they need to stop messing with everything. The footy media are just a farce of congenital idiots looking for clickbait.

Leave it alone.

On the Real Footy podcast they were raving about Thursday night footy, yeah, fine when you're paid to be there, but as a fan who actually attends games in my free time - it sucks.

DS

Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
yes horrible lineup of commentators in our game.

Anthony Hudson the clear pick for leysy. Knows his craft and has the ability to elevate a key moment.

Can't stand Whateley's opinions, but his actual calling of games is OK and a good combo with Hudson.

Far above the Darcy, BT we get on TV

Nick Riewoldt comfortably best special comments. Speaks sense but what you expect from a Tasmanian. Taz, Leysy and Redford cases in point.
Another one I think is very good is Brenton Speed. He just calls the game.

Reactions: 5 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
That’s Blobbo for you. When we do it we’re whinging, but when they do it, they’re attempting to improve the quality of umpiring. One of the reasons so many are happy that Essington haven’t won a final for 6,000+ days.
When did this thing start quoting streaks in days? Not just in footy circles either. Wouldn't have a clue how long that is but it is a big number so it must be a lot. But as everyone has a calculator in their phone we can work it out but why not just say X years.
Though I haven't heard anyone quote the Dee's 57 year premiership drought in days..... Yet.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We need shorter games
We needwildcard weekend

Had to leave the room. What a load of crap. Why don’t they just rename the Grand Final the Super Bowl?? This obsession with copying everything the Yanks do in a sporting sense is *smile* insane.

Nick Riewoldt is one of the better commentators on the game but he can stick his wildcard up his arse. Marries a yank; spends a few months there every year and all of a sudden the wild card is essential. What *smile*.

Reactions: 6 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
When did this thing start quoting streaks in days? Not just in footy circles either. Wouldn't have a clue how long that is but it is a big number so it must be a lot. But as everyone has a calculator in their phone we can work it out but why not just say X years.
Though I haven't heard anyone quote the Dee's 57 year premiership drought in days..... Yet.
Round numbers sound better than "16 and a bit years".

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Had to leave the room. What a load of crap. Why don’t they just rename the Grand Final the Super Bowl?? This obsession with copying everything the Yanks do in a sporting sense is *smile* insane.

Nick Riewoldt is one of the better commentators on the game but he can stick his wildcard up his arse. Marries a yank; spends a few months there every year and all of a sudden the wild card is essential. What *smile*.
They'll be raising the subject of conferences again soon.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It sounds worse as it’s a bigger number I guess. And it undoubtedly makes entitled Drugendon supporters even more upset and that can only be a good thing.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Conferences I could go for because it would mean an equal draw.

You could split it into two conferences (Vics and Blow-ins, chuck Norf in with the Blow-ins) and play the teams in your conference twice and those from the other conference once, for a 25-game season.

Or three conferences of six, play your group twice, everyone else once for 22 games.
West: Eagles, Dockers, Crows, Floppers, Bullducks, Scats.
Norf: Swans, Giants, Bears, Suns, Norf, Hawf.
Centre of the Universe: The real clubs, plus St Kilda. Oh, and Melbourne.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How about the fawning over how great Dreamtime was in the west? Yeah it was good but it’ll never be better than the real thing at the G. *smile* these idiots have memories like goldfish. Healy thought it was the greatest spectacle ever. Why doesn’t that *smile* just move to WA and shack up with Nic Nat FFS.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You'd get one stronger than the other.

They had the chance to make it 17 h&a rounds after last year and it passed them by.
You would, that happens in the American leagues. It would still be fairer than currently.

The TV honchos were never going to let them cut 45 games from the program.