Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Pinocchio's arse
I couldnt stand that fkwit.
I remember the day we beat Sydney at the scg to go top of the ladder and he was at the airport and he said to me, we won't be there for long.
I told him to shove a cork up his ass

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
One thing that was really good about last nights coverage of our game was Leppitsch’s special comments. Further evidence that Richo should be banned from any coverage of Richmond games.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They are likely gonna be all over us this week, they cant wait to bury us and write us off.

Luckily the Figgies last Stand today will shift some focus back onto them and onto the GoDeez who are not quite going as well as they were.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I couldnt stand that fkwit.
I remember the day we beat Sydney at the scg to go top of the ladder and he was at the airport and he said to me, we won't be there for long.
I told him to shove a cork up his ass
No that’s centre meter perfect.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Slightly annoying that everyone is usually up in arms about poor umpire decisions down the stretch in other games but when it happens to us it's considered something to joke about. Lyon said something to effect of "it didn't travel the required distance but that's alright". Is it? Didn't seem alright when it happened to Geelong a few weeks back. Yeah... slightly annoying, but I'll take the premierships.

Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Slightly annoying that everyone is usually up in arms about poor umpire decisions down the stretch in other games but when it happens to us it's considered something to joke about. Lyon said something to effect of "it didn't travel the required distance but that's alright". Is it? Didn't seem alright when it happened to Geelong a few weeks back. Yeah... slightly annoying, but I'll take the premierships.
Do these *smile* idiots ever actual review their own performances? Obviously not by the amount of moronic and imbecilic drivel that comes out of their mouths. So the rule says the ball has to go 15 metres yet it went less than that; but according to Gawwy that is not a problem.

One can only assume what Gawwy really meant:

“There is not a snowflake’s chance in hell that ball went 15 metres but isn’t it fantastic to see Richmond get completely *smile* over by the umpires again!”

Geez we have a bunch of total arsewipes in the footy media right now.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's not slightly annoying, it's very *smile* annoying. The cats were sooking it up and the umps had to come out and apologise and Kennedy got the arse as a result. Where's our apology? Could cost us a top 4 spot. But nah, *smile* happens hey?

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Serial campaigner, Karen Cornesnob, continued his RFC baiting again on FC tonight, blatantly encouraging other clubs to go after our unsigned players, especially Shai. He claimed that they really had to throw a truckload at him, twice saying (words to the effect of) just like we have ripped out players from other clubs like GCS.

This knob is really getting under my skin. Where does he think PA's Dixon, Allir, Fantasia, McKenzie et al have come from? Free Agency and draft/trading rules created by AFLCorp are open slather for every club and heaps of players move or are enticed to move. Thus BEllis, Markov and Higgins have moved to GCS/StK.

This guy needs a kicking (verbally, of course). Just a bitter and biased fool. (Also posted on SHocking thread).

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wow. Caroline Wilson being absolutely smashed by all and sundry today by her media brethren. Be interesting to hear her defence on FC tomorrow.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wow. Caroline Wilson being absolutely smashed by all and sundry today by her media brethren. Be interesting to hear her defence on FC tomorrow.

Yeah, she's copped it silly. Interesting that unless I missed it, St Kilda haven't come out with a statement in support of their players. At least up until a couple of hours ago.

You can also listen to her reply to Lyon's comments here: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podca...lic-intellectual/id1265721452?i=1000525525514

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rightly so as well. She had a crack at a bloke for going home to his wife and few week old twins. She would have no idea what the situation is or if there is a medical issue of some sort.

Then she had a crack at the other one for going home to his about to give birth wife and eventually backed down from it.

I can't believe she would be so dumb and I have a very low opinion of her to start with.
What chance do you think she refuses to acknowledge her poor position on the matter and sticks with her view ?

She rarely apologises for getting anything wrong, and she gets a lot wrong. So I’m not expecting she’ll pivot. Maybe but not her nature, usually.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lucky for Cotch that he didn't go home or Caro would have been spewing the same bile all over him as well. Just another opinionated noisy meedjia pea brain.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
They, the media appear to just constantly lose respect from the footy public.

Its been covered on this thread and others , however there is such genuine dislike of Cornes , Robbo, Ralph, Carro, Barrett the list goes on sadly , it appears that there is very few if any , that most of the public go out of their way to get a journos view on the game. It’s a real concern for me that they all seem to focus on the negative aspects or just plain old gossip , so often made up *smile* too.

we then have SHocking , who just seems again to frustrate every fan with his “tweaking” of the game and his obliviousness to the massive problems in the game on field and off.

Now probaly the biggest issue in the game , actually it’s probably the biggest issue in the history of the game , head injurie/ concussions, I don’t think anyone actually has a good way out of this one, the AFL dosent do anything about it they’ll be sued into oblivion , however if we take away the main great thing about our game, the want to win the contest , we’re *smile* , sadly more an more we see players letting there opponent get the ball first so they can tackle them, well ffs that’s just wrong, the fabric of the game is about winning the ball, not been second to the ball. Dont for a second think the kids playing today aren’t courageous, yes the game has changed in so many ways but the cowardly acts that don’t exist today makes the game so much better, but players today are getting rubbed out for genuinely going hard at the ball and man , not some *smile* weak “ ear massage” or elbow to a blokes head who’s trying to pick the ball up.

Way way smarter football people then me may have an answer , I don’t see it, sadly to achieve what most want I think is impossible, I think the only way forward maybe a hybrid of our once brilliant sport , how do we get those main ingredients back in the game, win the ball, be courageous, I think it’s the one and only sport in the world that requires toughness , stamina ,athleticism, team work and a variety of unique skills that each player must posses to play at the highest level .

Like most of us on here I’m incredibly passionate about the AFL , I wish I could articulate the passion better, however sadly more an more I just watch Tiges games now and that’s because of my love of the Richmond football club not the AFL

Funny thing is I can’t even think of the right group of people to help fix the game ......TOT70 what you got planned on the weekend :))

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just checked the Saints homepage, no statement. Considering Caro said she'd been fed this from someone on the AFL exec as well as club officials, you'd think the Saints would come out and kill it early declaring their 100% support of the players.

A few scenarios as I see it:

1. She was fed info deliberately to publish. Saints not saying anything gives that some weight.
2. This is her opinion and but she's hiding behind "sources".

And finally what I think has really happened...

3. Karen Cornes was bragging before the show that no one in AFL media can cause outrage like he can just by what he says. Caro told him to hold her beer.... Karen was so impressed he agreed with Caro on the show.