Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was in the car this morning and made the mistake of listening to Kane Cornes. He was canvassing who were the premiership favourites and some goose rang up and said it was Richmond because we had been given an easy post bye draw again as we are the AFL love child.
Cornes said something like Richmond fans will be jumping all over that and that they had already turned on him!
Kane, that's because you continue to foster this nonsense. The reason we have a decent run home is because we have had the hardest first 13 rounds. He seems to not understand that a season is 22 rounds, our draw was done the same way as other top 6 teams from 2020 and we play no more MCG games than any other MCG tenant.
I won't make that mistake again. He is either a professional agitator who knows what he is saying is garbage or he is just thick. Take your pick.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
at a season is 22 rounds, our draw was done the same way as other top 6 teams from 2020 and we play no more MCG games than any other MCG tenant.
I won't make that mistake again. He is either a professional agitator who knows what he is saying is garbage or he is just thick. Take your pick.
This. Even this knob cannot be so dumb. It's the former; like clickbait except on air. He is smart enough to know that we are the biggest club in the land, as proven by membership record again, so obviously seeks to attract listeners/viewers by baiting us. A media flog, like most of them.

Reactions: 2 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Cornes is creaming himself this morning over our demise. Flog of the highest order.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Cornes is creaming himself this morning over our demise. Flog of the highest order.
I know we’ve done this to death, but the brain to mouth connection with this imbecile is clearly severed. “103,000 members….where were the 90,000 that didn’t attend last night” :bash :bash

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yeah, the thing is, you only get a demise when you have been to the top. There is no demise from losing a PF and doing nothing else, there is no demise from being thereabouts for a couple of years showing potential - there is only demise from being the champ.

He's just jealous, probably feels a bit like we all did for many years before 2017.

Suck it up Kane, there will be no demise at Alberton, they simply haven't reached the heights to fall from.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I dont mind the press commenting that we are starting to fall from such lofty heights but they seem to do it with such gusto and delight which pisses me off very mucy. Cornes, Parrot, Robbo and Co show zero respect for the Tigers achievments over the last 4 years. There is no disrespect shown towards Brissi or Hawks when they fell off the cliff..

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
When there is blood in the water the sharks being to circle.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I dont mind the press commenting that we are starting to fall from such lofty heights but they seem to do it with such gusto and delight which pisses me off very mucy. Cornes, Parrot, Robbo and Co show zero respect for the Tigers achievments over the last 4 years. There is no disrespect shown towards Brissi or Hawks when they fell off the cliff..

I actually don't see that. Whether it's just fear of looking stupid, but no one has written of the club/team long term. Other than the shock jocks looking for clicks and eyeballs, most commentators are tempering their views saying we're too good to play this bad and expect us to be a force again next year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cornes and Robbo are slapping themselves today.
The jerk offs we be in Party mode