Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If we didn't make the 8 then it would at least be time for the discussion about if it was time to move on.
Might not win the flag, but I reckon we'll make the 8. Dimma's been here 13 years, it might be his choice to move n reinvigorate himself rather than us nudging. Could be perfect timing for a new coach to come through. Still be a core of senior premiership players on the list plus a whole bunch of generation next that will have some games under the belt and an appetite for some of the success that the others have experienced

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Might not win the flag, but I reckon we'll make the 8. Dimma's been here 13 years, it might be his choice to move n reinvigorate himself rather than us nudging. Could be perfect timing for a new coach to come through. Still be a core of senior premiership players on the list plus a whole bunch of generation next that will have some games under the belt and an appetite for some of the success that the others have experienced
It will be his choice, not a clown from Adelaide radio

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If can either start playing kids for the future or have one all mighty go at 1 more.
But Lynch Prestia Lambert Cotchin struggle to complete full seasons

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
The comparison to Dustin is nuts.

He's more like Lenny Hayes with better skills, maybe Joel Selwood at a pinch.

I DeGoey is more like a Jake Stringer type.

DeGoey has better forward craft than both Hayes and Selwood.

But the full stop on the argument was Leigh Matthews saying that DeGoey wasn't fit to tie Dustins shoes (paraphrasing). Also when Lethal said that Dustin was the only player he wasn't offended being compared to.

Massive praise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dimma is contracted until 2024, if we don't make the eight he won't be moved on. He might move on, (doubt it) but he won't be sacked.
Anyhow it's a moot point, because we'll make the eight, and the top four and the GF, of that I'm very confident.

CARN THE TIGES !!!!

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A Wanna be, Gunna be. Poor old Goo better pull his finger out or it won't be long before he's a Has been.
Didnt he play for the Pakis He'za Hasbeen, or was that Henever Waz ...

Disclaimer for snowflakes ........... some classic 12th man for those needing to be awared.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Both the Package n Goo are nothing more than K Mart versions of Dusty. Nowhere near consistent enough to be on the same page. Pee tracca is almost getting up toward similar rarefied air of Dusty, but still has a way to go. Powerful explosive mids that can be devastating in bursts up forward.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
De Goey and the Package are not fit to iron and fold the Tiger Kings Undies.

And Petracca is not near him yet either, I don't see his Charlie and 3 winning Norms.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
History would suggest it is better for everyone if he walks away whenever this golden era comes to a close.
I will back him in to be like his main coach Sheedy. From a very aged team full of champions when they lost in 1990 to a flag in 1993.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If we didn't make the 8 then it would at least be time for the discussion about if it was time to move on.
With our current list management and age demographic I don't think missing the finals will occur while Dimma is contracted until 2024.
History would suggest it is better for everyone if he walks away whenever this golden era comes to a close.
It doesn't happen very often, just about never, but Dimma walking away would be the desirable way for a legend of the RFC to depart the club.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Both the Package n Goo are nothing more than K Mart versions of Dusty. Nowhere near consistent enough to be on the same page. Pee tracca is almost getting up toward similar rarefied air of Dusty, but still has a way to go. Powerful explosive mids that can be devastating in bursts up forward.
The K-Mart Dusty's aren't even mids, they are fwds that rotate through the midfield. Stringer can't even cut against the decent sides. The media praise him after dominating against bottom 4 sides. He even went missing against us last yr & we had a midfield of Dusty, Bolton, Graham & kids

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Flag for the RFC in 2022 it is then Rowey you wanker
2017 Grand Final Richmond Vs Adelaide Radio Call.

Have a listen to on YouTube the best 3:19:30 of radio you will ever here. Rowey couldn’t believe we could ever win.

Last edited:
  • Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
2017 Grand Final Richmond Vs Adelaide Radio Call.

Have a listen to on YouTube the best 3:19:30 of radio you will ever here. Rowey couldn’t believe we could ever win.
That explains everything. He still won’t have recovered. The RFC broke tossers like him good and proper on that glorious Saturday in 2017.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
That explains everything. He still won’t have recovered. The RFC broke tossers like him good and proper on that glorious Saturday in 2017.
They thought they had the flag in the bag even before turning up.
Their loss has put them back 10 years.
They might take 37 years recover.
Arrogant & Cocky before a GF equals recipe for a disaster.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They thought they had the flag in the bag even before turning up.
Their loss has put them back 10 years.
They might take 37 years recover.
Arrogant & Cocky before a GF equals recipe for a disaster.
I knew when I saw the cup presentation after the parade on the Friday that we were in their heads the way Cotch wouldn’t let go of the cup until Tex did first. Had the game half won, then and there.