Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Does it say Sydney is no1....?

Heard the Sydney president rolling out a 1.9 million supporter bullshjt the other night.
Imagine it'll reset to 50k if they get done tomorrow
Doesn't Roy Morgan come out with their analysis every year, and have indicated that the Swannies have been most followed for last 17 odd years?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Has anyone else seen today's Australian? Graphs showing the most supported club in the AFL. Not sure how this was compiled??????????
Probably conducted the survey in Sydaknee where no-one actually knows anything about or follows AFL, but they automatically nominate the team that calls themselves Sydaknee 'coz that sounds sorta local.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I think I have figured it out. When they did the poll in Sydney it is now clear they thought that it was St George not Sydenee being asked about.Both have red and white jumpers.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So they've only got another 30 or so years to put up with? :ROFLMAO:
FFS, they threw everything under Brad Scott for his 10 year reign at winning flags by topping up with FAs and cast-offs in pursuit of success from other, weaker clubs. Made two PFs but failed to even make a GF. Ignored the draft to take or develop young talent, but had no problem in throwing Hollywood offers to Dusty, Degoey, Kelly and whoever else. Also failed, but managed to force those same clubs into possibly excessive deals to said players that those clubs had the foresight to draft and invest in, threatening their salary cap viability or chances at success too (have far less $$ to distribute on the rest of the list required to develop and pay a premiership side).

Again, failing to really commit to invest in drafting/developing but simply trying to steal the highest quality stars from others who, in our case, were prepared to build their way back from literally the bottom of the AFL ladder and through 37 years of defeat and struggle.

Now after spending the intervening 3 years (merely) in the bleak wilderness of wooden spooner, expecting and getting concessional DRAFT picks from the pathetic, venal and eminently corrupt AFL, where same B. Scott is now HoF, then you turn around and plead their case! YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

RFC never received any great handouts or hand-ups to obtain extra assistance, empathetic/sympathetic support over those 37 years in the wilderness. One draft pick 1 - Deledio - rightfully for finishing last. Compare with Cartoon, SMelbourne and others.

Spare us the bleeding heart.

Reactions: 5 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
FFS, they threw everything under Brad Scott for his 10 year reign at winning flags by topping up with FAs and cast-offs in pursuit of success from other, weaker clubs. Made two PFs but failed to even make a GF. Ignored the draft to take or develop young talent, but had no problem in throwing Hollywood offers to Dusty, Degoey, Kelly and whoever else. Also failed, but managed to force those same clubs into possibly excessive deals to said players that those clubs had the foresight to draft and invest in, threatening their salary cap viability or chances at success too (have far less $$ to distribute on the rest of the list required to develop and pay a premiership side).

Again, failing to really commit to invest in drafting/developing but simply trying to steal the highest quality stars from others who, in our case, were prepared to build their way back from literally the bottom of the AFL ladder and through 37 years of defeat and struggle.

Now after spending the intervening 3 years (merely) in the bleak wilderness of wooden spooner, expecting and getting concessional DRAFT picks from the pathetic, venal and eminently corrupt AFL, where same B. Scott is now HoF, then you turn around and plead their case! YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

RFC never received any great handouts or hand-ups to obtain extra assistance, empathetic/sympathetic support over those 37 years in the wilderness. One draft pick 1 - Deledio - rightfully for finishing last. Compare with Cartoon, SMelbourne and others.

Our great hand out we received was Jamie Elliott from Fitzroy.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
List guru Silvagni went shopping there every off season.

Kennedy, Marchbank, Lamb, Plowman, Pickett, Phillips and Setterfield are few off the top of my head. :rotfl1

It's a shame Silvagni got flicked by Cartoon.
Marchbank can actually play though just had some bad injuries last couple years.

He took Ahern too didn't he who then went on to fail at the Kangas,

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

I remember that Gale said ‘ that he didn’t want any assistance from the AFL”.

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I remember that Gale said ‘ that he didn’t want any assistance from the AFL”.
Because he knows that history repeats. 1967,2017,1969,2019,1973,2023,1974,2024,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sequential.Oh let the good time roll on.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
yep. Spend some time anywhere from Sydney up to Newcastle. AFL is a non event to these areas.

My area

It is more than a non event with good interest but definitely running a far way back behind Rugby League. Even Soccer has a big following. Most know the Swans and if they are going well - like this year - interest is high. If not plenty of tumbleweeds

if ever contacted by any pollster most will pick the Swans as their team.

The vocal supporters I know are mothers of young kids/adults that have played Auskick

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Why, why, why, does the media show a picture of the Richmond bench when it talks about Medi-Sub Rule changes for 2023?

Richmond, The Football Club where all AFL rule changes are based :mad:

Article Image

Rule changes: Medi-sub set for 2023 overhaul​

The AFL will review how the medical sub operates to ease fears of club doctors being pressured to make calls on injured players. SUBSCRIBE to see how it could look next year.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why, why, why, does the media show a picture of the Richmond bench when it talks about Medi-Sub Rule changes for 2023?

Richmond, The Football Club where all AFL rule changes are based :mad:

Article Image

Rule changes: Medi-sub set for 2023 overhaul​

The AFL will review how the medical sub operates to ease fears of club doctors being pressured to make calls on injured players. SUBSCRIBE to see how it could look next year.
Anything Richmond.

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Mince wants the Grand Final time changed.
The reason why the TV ratings were poor was the both sides have small supporter bases and that the game was so one sided.
I looked at the scores a couple of times and wouldn't waste my time watching the game.
Mince is so blind he wouldn't even consider that Geelong is not a well liked club.
If Collingwood had have been playing Geelong, I would have preferred a Collingwood victory.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Mince wants the Grand Final time changed.
The reason why the TV ratings were poor was the both sides have small supporter bases and that the game was so one sided.
I looked at the scores a couple of times and wouldn't waste my time watching the game.
Mince is so blind he wouldn't even consider that Geelong is not a well liked club.
If Collingwood had have been playing Geelong, I would have preferred a Collingwood victory.
Yet it was the largest crowd since 1986?