Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Why do the various footy shows all pack it in straight after the GF ? There’s still heaps going on. Coaching appointments, trades, scandals (Hawthorn), retirements, draft happenings etc etc.

Lazy bums all shut up shop way too early.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
They hate us and they hate us bad
Have a look at SenGeelong front page 'Spoilt brat wants to go to Port'
But nothing on GWS accepting the deal to get Tarranto over to punt Rd.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Went to read an article about the Tiges this morning on The Age and its subscribers only. Tried the usual trick of clearing the buffer but nope, still blocked.
Went to their AFL section and tried another article (about the bummers) and it was not blocked.
Buggers are now playing funny buggers. They know we sell papers so want to slug us. Looks like they want to go the way of the HUN so I will then need to step away from reading this rag too pretty soon.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Why do the various footy shows all pack it in straight after the GF ? There’s still heaps going on. Coaching appointments, trades, scandals (Hawthorn), retirements, draft happenings etc etc.

Lazy bums all shut up shop way too early.
Awwww. You miss Robbo and Big Nose. Cuppa and a lie down will help.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
A snippet out of the H/S on the most powerful people in the AFL.
Couldn't help themselves and having another dig at Dusty and his media ban.

Dustin Martin​

Richmond champion​

Networks don’t fork out billions of dollars to televise B-graders – they are attracted to marquee names and there’s none bigger than Dustin Martin (and Buddy in NSW). So what a shame Dusty treats the media with such disdain. But it’s a special blend when the most marketable player in the game can draw kids to his ‘don’t argue’ fend-off and grown men to adopt his haircuts.

Dare you Sam Landsberger to say it too Dustys face.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Dustin Martin​

Richmond champion​

Networks don’t fork out billions of dollars to televise B-graders – they are attracted to marquee names and there’s none bigger than Dustin Martin (and Buddy in NSW). So what a shame Dusty treats the media with such disdain. But it’s a special blend when the most marketable player in the game can draw kids to his ‘don’t argue’ fend-off and grown men to adopt his haircuts.

This immature d-head even sooks when hosting on SEN.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW

Dustin Martin​

Richmond champion​

why would he after the treatment he gets from the so called AFL media ...... its great for his mental health to stay away from you blokes - sorry people!

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Dustin Martin​

Richmond champion​

Robbo got him to write
That is Robbo talking.
It's Robbo who had the issue noone else.
Why would Dusty talk to him?

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Went to read an article about the Tiges this morning on The Age and its subscribers only. Tried the usual trick of clearing the buffer but nope, still blocked.
Went to their AFL section and tried another article (about the bummers) and it was not blocked.
Buggers are now playing funny buggers. They know we sell papers so want to slug us. Looks like they want to go the way of the HUN so I will then need to step away from reading this rag too pretty soon.
To be fair, newspapers aren't charities.

Reactions: 3 users

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
So maybe RFC should give away free memberships because it has sponsors?
Maybe Rupert Murdoch should stump up and make it rain singles over Dusty like a drunk buck in strip bar and i'd think about paying to watch his ads and read his stories. Happy to pay for content to someone like mongrel punt for instance, just like i'm happy to see ads at the bottom of this page because it remains free (thanks PRE!). Now where can I get a newscorp guernsey I wonder?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If you want to read someone's work then you should pay for it.
Why? As the old saying goes, stolen fruit is always sweetest. Half the fun in life is being able to get away with snaffling freebies that you're not supposed to have. No matter how small or insignificant the ill gotten gain is always a joy.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I'm no fan of Uncle Rupe, but I don't get the complaining about paywalls.

If you want to read someone's work then you should pay for it.
I refuse to subscribe to any publication that considers the love lives of mia Fevola & Nadia Bartel to be newsworthy of any kind.

Reactions: 3 users