Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sadly won't be getting a local footy fix this year and can see heaps of suburban and country clubs struggling to come back in '21 for all sorts of reasons.:(

That is really bad, if the AFL have any brains they need to support grass-roots footy because without it there is no elite competition.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
That is really bad, if the AFL have any brains they need to support grass-roots footy because without it there is no elite competition.

DS

Not sure about those leagues in particular but know in certain leagues the biggest problem is the local councils imposing severe restrictions such as on the use of change rooms and medical rooms within club rooms that make it almost impossible for a club to operate. It’s all related to the amount of disinfecting required of those facilities between sessions etc and they’re so scared of getting COVID transfers
It‘s sad but it’s also a fact of life that clubs rely on volunteers anyway and these demands make it too hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not sure about those leagues in particular but know in certain leagues the biggest problem is the local councils imposing severe restrictions such as on the use of change rooms and medical rooms within club rooms that make it almost impossible for a club to operate. It’s all related to the amount of disinfecting required of those facilities between sessions etc and they’re so scared of getting COVID transfers
It‘s sad but it’s also a fact of life that clubs rely on volunteers anyway and these demands make it too hard.

Yes, I can see that is a huge problem. The clubs can't afford to do so much disinfecting and the councils are understandably paranoid.

I suppose this is where the elite level can subsidise the lower levels but it is still not an easy conundrum to fix.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MCG to pump 150-200k per home game into tenant clubs in a goodwill deal.

Greasing the wheels to have their own members and corporates allowed first access to live footy perhaps?

There has to be a catch. and if what you suggested is the case (which is perfectly plausible), i hope the RFC tells the MCC to get stuffed.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The biggest problem is that suburban clubs won't be able to pay the players as without a bar, canteen, functions etc plus a reduciton in sponsorship, they can't derive the income to cover the player's wages.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
MCG to pump 150-200k per home game into tenant clubs in a goodwill deal.

Greasing the wheels to have their own members and corporates allowed first access to live footy perhaps?
You will find it may be the money from your memberships for the reserve seat component that they were to keep ‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user