For those who are retiring | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

For those who are retiring

Tiger Crikey

Tiger Cub
May 22, 2009
North-East Vic.
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days
interesting. Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went to town and
went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came
out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and said,
"Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a nasty *smile*. He
glared at meand started writing another ticket for having worn tyres. So my
wife called him a *smile* head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for
about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus and saw that the car
had a "I love Collingwood" sticker. We try to have a little fun each day now
that we're retired. It's important at our age.

ZeroGame

Tiger Champion
Jun 19, 2006
Elwood
Tiger Crikey said:
It is a true stort but it didn.t happen to me it was a mate of mine
I've heard this story told as a joke many years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he's pulling your leg on it actually happening to him.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Yeah. Police don't enforce parking tickets, councils do. And councils can't fine you for having bald tyres.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Here in Denmark every car has a small manual clock indicator accessible only to the interior of the car but visible to the exterior, and you are supposed to set it to the time you arrived in a car park because most of them have time limits. Even after 20 years I forget to set it every time.

A few days before Christmas I was coming out of an electronics store to see an attendant writing out a ticket for my car. I said to him (in Danish), "oh no, have I forgotten to set it again?" He asked me if it was my car, answer Yes, so he said, ok, just drive off now. I wished him a Merry Christmas, but I had about 500 bucks worth of goodies from the store under my arm so I'd have been pretty annoyed to get a ticket from them.

In hindsight I should have spoken to him in English to support the innocent foreigner theory, but he was good about it anyway.

Fine is well over 100 bucks, too!

premiers2011

Eat 'em Alive!!
Oct 22, 2007
ZeroGame said:
I've heard this story told as a joke many years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he's pulling your leg on it actually happening to him.

yeah, heard it before. Hope he wasnt being serious or all credibility just went down the toilet ;D

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Tiger Crikey said:
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days
interesting. Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went to town and
went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came
out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and said,
"Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a nasty *smile*. He
glared at meand started writing another ticket for having worn tyres. So my
wife called him a sh!t head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for
about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus and saw that the car
had a "I love Collingwood" sticker. We try to have a little fun each day now
that we're retired. It's important at our age.

lol...funny stuff, is it true :hihi