Form | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Form

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With all the commentators creaming themselves over port beating up on North & then Essendon.
I was wondering who has really good form?
We have beaten Carlton who many expected to challenge to make the 8 and Hawthorn who were expected to miss the finals.
My Rankings for 'form' would be, Swans at 1.
Then the Dogs, then us and Port at 4th.
Hopefully the Saturday night Port / west coast game is a hard and tough game.
Im tipping WC at home by 30.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
With all the commentators creaming themselves over port beating up on North & then Essendon.
I was wondering who has really good form?
We have beaten Carlton who many expected to challenge to make the 8 and Hawthorn who were expected to miss the finals.
My Rankings for 'form' would be, Swans at 1.
Then the Dogs, then us and Port at 4th.
Hopefully the Saturday night Port / west coast game is a hard and tough game.
Im tipping WC at home by 30.
I reckon our form has been patchy at best, especially in the front half. Sign of a good team playing so far below their optimum but still winning.
Despite this we have generated 130+ inside 50s in 2 weeks so the upside is huge

Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Dees are looking OK to this point. They did a number on Freo, who I reckon will take a few steps forward if they can get their best team on the park, then fixed up St Kilda. Oliver's decision making has been better and their defence seems to be working well as a unit. That Kosi Pickett did some spectacular things last weekend.

Agree that Sydney is the real story, though. I thought they'd bounce quickly. Amazing what a few quality kids can do to reinvigorate a side. While those kids have been good, also look at what it's done for Parker, Mills, Heeney and even Hickey.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You don't want to start too fast but we do need to bank the 4 points so we don't have too far to catch up later in the year.

Teams on the rise tend to do well early in the year so a couple will likely drop off.

DS

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
No chance of us peaking early, we are doing a lot right just need to execute better & we'll be hard to beat when it matters.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Round 2 , very little to be taken too seriously imo ,

There will be teams going well now that will fade and vica versa ,

I think we are looking better than the same stage last year and the year before but The next two weeks will tell us a lot more .

Win 1 from 2 will be a pass I reckon , got a feeling port might get us over there at this point in time .

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Teams expecting to be at the bottom of the ladder usual train themselves up early to have something to sell to their supporters.

This is especially the case given the COVID affected 2020 season and shortened pre-season.

Sydney all trained up hit Brisbane hard first round. Brisbane shorter pre-season with eyes on greater glory not as fired up. Then Sydney beat bottom 4 Adelaide - themselves coming off a similar first up heist.

Richmond hasn't got out of second gear in first two rounds. Expect us to be firing up so we can attack Port in Adelaide the following week. Could get ugly for the young Swans.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sydney are the form team of the comp beaten 2 top 4 sides.
Footscary have 3 wins but they don't look as good.
They will struggle away from that *smile* hole ground

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sydney are the form team of the comp beaten 2 top 4 sides.
Footscary have 3 wins but they don't look as good.
They will struggle away from that *smile* hole ground

Sydney look very good (clearly!) but you do wonder how long they can sustain this and if someone can work out how to bring pressure on the opposition with the new rules they will not be as impressive.

Footscray are genuinely good but their weakness is the sheer number of possessions they have per goal, they are ripe for turnovers if you can get the pressure on them. Will be interesting to see them against us if we can work out how to apply pressure with the new rules.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I really can't stand the chip chip game coming out of the new rule changes. It's like 20/20 vs a test or checkers vs chess. Is anyone else left unsatisfied?

Reactions: 7 users