Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Very nasty crash in the F1 last night. They earn every cent these guys when their lives are on the line like that.

They sure do, but also a shout out to the safety measures and the car itself. The car of yesteryear would have killed Zhou with that flip upside down.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They sure do, but also a shout out to the safety measures and the car itself. The car of yesteryear would have killed Zhou with that flip upside down.
There's no doubt that the Halo has saved a few lives.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Williams need to sign Ricciardo for 2023 right now. Right now….
Would he want to go there? Riccardo is past his peak and the Williams cars haven’t been competitive for many years.

Ricciardo’s decision to leave Red Bull was one of the worst in the history of world sport. He may not have won a championship at Red Bull but he was definitely never going to win one at Renault or McLaren. What a stupid decision by him.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Would he want to go there? Riccardo is past his peak and the Williams cars haven’t been competitive for many years.

Ricciardo’s decision to leave Red Bull was one of the worst in the history of world sport. He may not have won a championship at Red Bull but he was definitely never going to win one at Renault or McLaren. What a stupid decision by him.
Well, it’s better than no drive at all. And the Williams has shown slight improvement this year. Albon is going ok. Latifi is a complete spud which is dragging their results down.

Worst decision ever. Should sack his manager over that. That atrocious decision is still talked about in the paddock to this day.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Well, it’s better than no drive at all. And the Williams has shown slight improvement this year. Albon is going ok. Latifi is a complete spud which is dragging their results down.

Worst decision ever. Should sack his manager over that. That atrocious decision is still talked about in the paddock to this day.
Yeah Latifi would be one of the worst drivers ever to make it to F1. He’s terrible.

There could be a few seats available next year. Alpine, Haas, AlfaRomeo, Alpha Tauri.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ricco dumped by McLaren. Interesting to see if he gets a ride in 2023 - Alpine maybe.

Too good a driver to not be in F1 for someone.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Outstanding effort by F1 rookie and Melbourne boy Oscar Piastri to get a very dodgy McLaren car into 9th place on the grid in qualifying for the Saudi Arabia GP. Just his second qualifying exposure. Bodes well for the young fella. Will be keen to see how the local boy goes in a couple of weeks at the Australian GP.

Very unsafe track this Saudi one. Fear there will be a nasty accident one day on this thing. Bunch of 250-320 kph blind sweepers with cars straggled all over the racing line. Brrrrrrr.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Outstanding effort by F1 rookie and Melbourne boy Oscar Piastri to get a very dodgy McLaren car into 9th place on the grid in qualifying for the Saudi Arabia GP. Just his second qualifying exposure. Bodes well for the young fella. Will be keen to see how the local boy goes in a couple of weeks at the Australian GP.

Very unsafe track this Saudi one. Fear there will be a nasty accident one day on this thing. Bunch of 250-320 kph blind sweepers with cars straggled all over the racing line. Brrrrrrr.
Considering his teammate starts at P19 or second last, well done Oscar :clap1
Should be an interesting race with Verstappen starting at P15, Clerc at P12 and Hamilton at P7 we should get some good battles with Max trying to get past them all and land himself on the podium :D

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
A mate got me onto the Netflix show “F1 Drive to Survive”. I have binged seasons one and two this week and am pumped for the race this weekend. My mate is a red Bull fan, and my son has chosen Mercedes (he likes the colour). I’m thinking McLaren for my team. I don’t expect a great deal of joy, but happy to back young Oscar. Was going to go with Aston Martin, because their road cars are gorgeous, but Lance Stroll seems like a complete wanker.
How disappointed will I be with McLaren? Richmond 1983-2016?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A mate got me onto the Netflix show “F1 Drive to Survive”. I have binged seasons one and two this week and am pumped for the race this weekend. My mate is a red Bull fan, and my son has chosen Mercedes (he likes the colour). I’m thinking McLaren for my team. I don’t expect a great deal of joy, but happy to back young Oscar. Was going to go with Aston Martin, because their road cars are gorgeous, but Lance Stroll seems like a complete wanker.
How disappointed will I be with McLaren? Richmond 1983-2016?
Stroll IS a wanker. He gets it from his father.

Oscar is good. Just give him the car. McLaren are a great team with a great history. They’ll get it right again eventually although I’m not convinced Brown is the guy.

AZBJ will really suit the Red Bulls (again) this weekend.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Thanks Red, yeah I got that impression about Stroll - Spoilt rich boy.

Did a lot of reading and McLarens history appealed to me more than all except Ferrari. But that would be too much the obvious choice for a new fan. I don’t want to make it too easy for myself, embrace the struggle. It’s the Tiger in me I guess.

What is it about AZBJ that will suit RB?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thanks Red, yeah I got that impression about Stroll - Spoilt rich boy.

Did a lot of reading and McLarens history appealed to me more than all except Ferrari. But that would be too much the obvious choice for a new fan. I don’t want to make it too easy for myself, embrace the struggle. It’s the Tiger in me I guess.

What is it about AZBJ that will suit RB?
Ferrari sucks. They’re like the Cwood of F1.

AZBJ has big long sections in it where the Red Bull top end speed will be favourable due to their aggressive beam wing that produces less drag than the others. They also achieve low deg on their tyres due to unique anti dive mechanisms at the front of the car under braking and anti squat at the rear under acceleration meaning that in the number of 90 degree corners at Baku, over time as the race progresses, they’ll get quicker through those than others will as well.

In essence, they just have the best car. The sprints might be more of a challenge for them but I expect them to dominate in the full race.

They went one-two last year and won by a mile.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Thanks mate. 4 days into F1 I have a lot to learn. Cheers for giving me a few things to look out for. About to watch the practice round.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There you go. Red Bulls are 9kph faster down the very long home straight than anyone else. Hitting 340 kph plus.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
I have never been into any form of motor racing, although I have done a few track days in my car, there is a lot to take in.
Fascinating seeing the difference in straight line speed.