Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Great win by Webber.Finally a great call by the team to keep him out there when the safety car came out.Would have least got 2nd if not for Vettal,s brainfade.
Now i must say of what i supected all along throughout his career.Micheal Schumacher is a DOG,[i apologise to our canine friends],What he tried to do to barrachello last night[trying to ram into the wall] was disgusting and showed the True MS.And what did he get?A 10 grid penalty.What a joke.he could have killed RB by his actions.I would have cancelled his licence therefore ending his DOG of a career.

Absolutely Capt, the commentators were calling it an error but I was thinking if he pits with Alonso then he'll stay behind him & as we saw passing on track at hungary is tough. What a stint he put on leading to his tyre stop! lap after lap on the edge. I initially thought (to my suprise) that vettel was playing the team game to hold up Alonso at the restart but later he said it was his error. I almost felt sorry for the little sook for a minute there. Did he spit the dummy or what! Plus Hamilton DNF & what a turnaround he leads the WDC, oh if only he can........

A whole month til the next race, argh. What should i do on sunday nights?? Trying to avoid chick flicks with the mrs!

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
Huge race for Webber tonight. On pole with Vettel and Button both on the 3rd row of the grid. Hamilton the main threat to his race 2nd on grid.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
good result for webber despite the bad start. DNF's for button and alonso and no points for vetel means both webber and hamilton build a gap from the rest with 6 races left.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
good result for webber despite the bad start. DNF's for button and alonso and no points for vetel means both webber and hamilton build a gap from the rest with 6 races left.

Yep, 2nd but still had a win on that front. 6 to go so alot could still change but hes in a great position particularly if he is still close to Hamilton after Monza. Boy Hamilton was lucky he didnt hit the wall when he hit the gravel trap in the wet, other than that he was faultless & deserved the win.

Not loosing any sleep over Vettel's DNF!

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
geoffryprettyboy said:
I heard the news a while back about good old Marcus the Lion Tamer, I hope he comes back to drive for the blue oval, we Ford would dearly love to him driving again for them.

Ambrose has signed with Petty Motorsport for next year in nascar, this should give him a huge chance to challenge even on the ovals.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
What a weekend of motorsport coming up!

Love having a BBQ with my dad on bathurst weekend, add to that the Japanese GP, WOW WEE!!

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
AZZAMOOT said:
What a weekend of motorsport coming up!

Love having a BBQ with my dad on bathurst weekend, add to that the Japanese GP, WOW WEE!!

What time is race start at Japan? HUGE RACE!

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
tannerztigers said:
What time is race start at Japan? HUGE RACE!

Race start 5pm AEST, coverage starts 4:50pm. That is ONE HD in melb anyway. Just a ripper track & shoudl suit the red bulls, really looking forward to it.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Spewin about Mark's stack on sunday! Couldve sewn it up almost. Still had some luck in that Vettel's engine blew (to ge greeted by loud cheers in my loungeroom). As that was Vettel's 8th & last engine he'll likely have to take a 10 spot grid penalty unless he uses an old one i suppose. Alonso has been on his last engine for 3 weeks now so he cant be far behind.

Not a bad circuit though in Korea.

Cant believe how close this is, GO MARK!! Back to middle of the night jobs though for the last 2 races.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
AZZAMOOT said:
Anyone else be setting the alarm for 2am this weekend?

Probably not. I got into the Formula 1 this year doing night feeds with my baby and have watched most of the races, but he's just started sleeping through and Mark Webber aint getting in the way of this mumma and her sleep.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
AZZAMOOT said:
Anyone else be setting the alarm for 2am this weekend?

yep, Webber just has to finish at least 1 spot ahead of Alonso, and have that German idiot team-mate not do something stupid

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
yep, Webber just has to finish at least 1 spot ahead of Alonso, and have that German idiot team-mate not do something stupid

yes, have this bad feeling about the sook doing something stupid & taking them both out cause he probably cant win the title now. At least close the gap to Alonso tonight.

Still struggling to come to terms with Hulkenberg snagging pole!

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
The first few laps of the race will be interesting with the young German (correct me if im wrong) on pole infront of the Red Bulls.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Oh boy, what a build up this week. 4 drivers with a mathmatical chance for the title (2-3 realistic), unprecedented im sure.

Will the little golden boy play the team game if he stands in the way of Mark winning the WDC....he bloody better!

GO WEBBER!!

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Shattering.... :(

Tough to watch the 2nd half of the race. So bloody close! Dont no if he'll get another chance like that. Could change teams with the bitterness growing toward the end of the season. Not impossible to see mark replacing Massa in a red car or even the great schuy in a silver one.