Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
AZZAMOOT said:
Shattering.... :(

Tough to watch the 2nd half of the race. So bloody close! Dont no if he'll get another chance like that. Could change teams with the bitterness growing toward the end of the season. Not impossible to see mark replacing Massa in a red car or even the great schuy in a silver one.

Why didn't they pit under the safety car?

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Streak said:
Why didn't they pit under the safety car?

they were dumb - but hindsight's 20:20

again in hindsight, qualifying killed him. apparently they just couldn't get any heat into the tyres during his sessions, and that basically robbed him of the half second Vettel had on him

result sucked, but its one of the things thats great about motor racing - anything can happen on the day

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
they were dumb - but hindsight's 20:20

again in hindsight, qualifying killed him. apparently they just couldn't get any heat into the tyres during his sessions, and that basically robbed him of the half second Vettel had on him

result sucked, but its one of the things thats great about motor racing - anything can happen on the day

Tiger 74 is spot on. Even if he'd pitted under safety car it may not have changed the result.

While the Yas Marina circuit looks spectacular its producing disappointing racing for a new track with few over taking opportunities if any.

Here's hoping Mark can finally win in Melb next year at least!

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Been watching this year folks? Tough to watch the little *smile* dominate so far this year although the racing has been brilliant. Maybe one day Mark will get some luck (good luck that is) one day.........one day.

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
AZZAMOOT said:
Been watching this year folks? Tough to watch the little *smile* dominate so far this year although the racing has been brilliant. Maybe one day Mark will get some luck (good luck that is) one day.........one day.

Webber has had no luck this year. KERS always down, tyres just haven't worked, and that pit stop fiasco the other week.

Very pissed off with the rain delay at Canada too. IQ stopped taping while the rain delay was still on and I missed what sounded like a ripper of a race :(

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
AZZAMOOT said:

He is a little *smile*.....can't stand him.

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Jukes Extended said:
He is a little *smile*.....can't stand him.

He's the Matthew Lloyd of F1. Yes he has talent and is awesome to watch, but he behaves like a pompous tool and you just want to snot him in the face.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
Very p!ssed off with the rain delay at Canada too. IQ stopped taping while the rain delay was still on and I missed what sounded like a ripper of a race :(

This happened to me also with IQ! Fortunately i managed to avoid all media coverage & watched the reply on ONE at noon monday.

Tiger74 said:
He's the Matthew Lloyd of F1. Yes he has talent and is awesome to watch, but he behaves like a pompous tool and you just want to snot him in the face.

Beautifully put 74, magnificently put in fact.

Angie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 2, 2004
Hey there,

Anyone else in Singapore this weekend for the F1? If so, any suggestions for a venue to watch footy finals from? Too many people to squeeze into my hotel room :)

Vroom vroom.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Clark quay is your best bet. Pub called Bungy Bar near the reverse bungy machine. It might be tough going as the rugby world cup is on and that might get priority.

Failing that, Boomarang bar and restaurant at robertsons walk will have it. Some of the brewerks bars too.

Bring your umbrella.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Absolutely sick and tired of seeing Webber losing 1, 2 ,3, even 4 places going to the first corner of a grand prix. It happens every time.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Was a massive F1 fan but can't watch Mark Webber being screwed by his team while the dwarf goldenboy gets all the accolades.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
mainlandy said:
Absolutely sick and tired of seeing Webber losing 1, 2 ,3, even 4 places going to the first corner of a grand prix. It happens every time.

Yeah, I have to put down my port/cup of tea whatever for every start & watch through my fingers, its so frustrating! :mad:

smasha said:
Was a massive F1 fan but can't watch Mark Webber being screwed by his team while the dwarf goldenboy gets all the accolades.

Its the 'there are no team preferences' line that kills me, when the truth is far from that thanks to the DR Helmut toolbag that runs the ship. I had to think after singapore though how expectations have changed. 3 years ago id have loved seeing Mark get a podium, with his lack of a win this year the feeling has changed. Still happy but really want to see him take a chequered flag.

2 TV's set up for sunday with Bathurst all day switching to the F1 & wallabies qtr final on the other, beautiful ;D

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Scary conditions at Spa tonight. Watching the Porsche series….pissing down with rain. Lights on. Hopefully there’s no big accidents in the F1. Eau Rouge looks incredibly dangerous.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Scary conditions at Spa tonight. Watching the Porsche series….pissing down with rain. Lights on. Hopefully there’s no big accidents in the F1. Eau Rouge looks incredibly dangerous.

Nearly a 10year bump. Impressive

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Daniel Ricciardo!
Yeah awesome effort. Great qualifying performance and he took Verstappen at that start and basically led every lap except for a couple after he pitted. He had them covered and it was a genuine win.

First win for the once dominant McLaren team since 2012!

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Very dangerous track this new Saudi Arabia track that F1 is racing at this week. 300kph blind corners.

Will just take some moron like Mazepin going too slow in qualifying in one of them, and causing someone to run up the arse of him, for there to be a horrendous accident.