Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, it’s for all the marbles tonight.

What a great conclusion to a great season.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Action packed first lap between Hamilton and Verstappen. Hamilton won the start, but Verstappen got up inside Hamilton going into turn 7 and they almost collided. Hamilton almost turned into Verstappen and was able to maintain his lead.

Stewards said no action required, this will be debated for years to come, just like the Cox Plate this year.

Hamilton had the faster car.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This last lap is just not right. Appeal after appeal here I reckon

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I know nothing about the rules of F1 and I don’t particularly like Hamilton, but it did seem a bit unfair that he had such a massive lead before the crash and then Verstappen was just allowed to be level when the control car dropped out.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
**** it, I missed it.

With Hamilton leading by about 10 seconds and doing it with a leg in the air, I hit the fart sack so I could get a bit of shuteye and watch the golf:mad:

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
**** it, I missed it.

With Hamilton leading by about 10 seconds and doing it with a leg in the air, I hit the fart sack so I could get a bit of shuteye and watch the golf:mad:
The ridiculous thing is that that it's apparently not completely clear as to whether the trailing cars should have been able to pass the pace car and when. It seems like it should be a pretty straight forward thing to decide and everybody should be familiar with the rule.

Is SHocking running this show?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ffs ! The most unreal F1 race I’ve ever seen. Criminal that Lewis didn’t win that race and the Championship. The fastest car and driver by a mile but robbed by the stewards on the final lap. Michael Masi is an absolute unconfident, error prone dud. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s made another error here.

But anyway, all caused by that shitful driver Latifi.

Last edited:
  • Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The ridiculous thing is that that it's apparently not completely clear as to whether the trailing cars should have been able to pass the pace car and when. It seems like it should be a pretty straight forward thing to decide and everybody should be familiar with the rule.

Is SHocking running this show?
And I thought turn 7 on the first lap was going to be the big talking point.

Perez did his best to hold up Hamilton earlier in the race so Verstappen could catch up after he and Hamilton had pitted. I know it's tactics, and has been happening for years, but it annoys me.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So why did only select cars and not all cars get allowed to overtake the safety car ? And why did that spud Masi tell them to do it just prior to re starting when he could have done it earlier and at least given Hamilton a chance to prepare ?

Whatever, a terrible terrible way to decide the Championship when one car and driver was by far the best out there.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So why did only select cars and not all cars get allowed to overtake the safety car ? And why did that spud Masi tell them to do it just prior to re starting when he could have done it earlier and at least given Hamilton a chance to prepare ?

Whatever, a terrible terrible way to decide the Championship when one car and driver was by far the best out there.

The only answer to all of the above that fits is that they were desperate to have a racing finish, not a yellow car finish.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Stewards bottled it for sure. Do they have the same stewards in every race or different in each city?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Stewards bottled it for sure. Do they have the same stewards in every race or different in each city?
Michael Masi is Race Director. He’s in control of the race. Then there’s a team of stewards who monitor that the regs are being adhered to and they hear appeals or protests as well.

Masi is a complete dhead. He was disliked in Supercars. I read an article about him in Wheels magazine earlier in the year where the inference was he has a big ego and attitude. He’s had a terrible season, sounds like he’s out of his depth, and I won’t be surprised if he’s punted before next year starts. Good.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Can anyone explain why team bosses are allowed to talk to the race director while the race is on? Unbelievable !!!!
It just allows teams to put pressure on the director, who already has enough on his plate.

Last edited:
  • Wow

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
One thing F1 does brilliantly and the likes of the AFL and Hutchy are big time to blame for our coverage is that all F1 vision is HD as a minimum. The amount of SD for AFL is embarrassing and is crap to watch and will also impact future replaying of games for starters.

Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
That was fantastic Germany says hello from the '66 World Cup Final. Got two Pommy mates in a What'sApp group always talking cricket and F1, EPL, NBA, NFL, etc. Didn't hear from them from the day before the Test started. Now after the F1 they'd be so shattered being big Louie fans I'll probably never here from them again!!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Can anyone explain why team bosses are allowed to talk to the race director while the race is on? Unbelievable !!!!
It just allows teams to put pressure on the director, who already has enough on his plate.
They need to for a number of reasons eg if there’s something wrong with their car they notify him so he can alert the other teams to be cautious, they register infringements for the stewards to investigate eg illegal overtaking, exceeding track limits etc etc. And so.

Likewise the Race Director needs to be in touch with them for a host of reasons.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They need to for a number of reasons eg if there’s something wrong with their car they notify him so he can alert the other teams to be cautious, they register infringements for the stewards to investigate eg illegal overtaking, exceeding track limits etc etc. And so.

Likewise the Race Director needs to be in touch with them for a host of reasons.
Fair enough.
Though I can't see why a designated steward/s can't monitor the driver/team conversations and then pass that information on to teams and marshals etc.
It's not a good look when team bosses can be heard trying to influence the race director during a race.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Fair enough.
Though I can't see why a designated steward/s can't monitor the driver/team conversations and then pass that information on to teams and marshals etc.
It's not a good look when team bosses can be heard trying to influence the race director during a race.
You need one point of contact. Can’t have different people having different conversations and trying to co ordinate it all back through the Race Director who is making decisions on the race. He needs to be over everything - and therein lies the problem as a number of F1 experts have been saying for a while.

So yes, there needs to be a better way.

Yesterday was nothing but the Race Director applying half a rule (letting 5 cars un lap and not the others like he was supposed to), not applying another at all (not letting the safety car do a full lap after lights out) and thus basically trying to create a race situation that he personally thought was desirable - and doing it all under an absurd ‘cover all’ rule that gives the Race Director complete discretion. And he did it all when a World Championship was at stake.

Unforgivable. Get rid of him.