Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Couldn't find a recent thread on the F1 and wanted to ask peoples opinions on Mark Webber in general and his decision to stay on at Red Bull in particular. Any takers?

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
Couldn't find a recent thread on the F1 and wanted to ask peoples opinions on Mark Webber in general and his decision to stay on a Red Bull in particular. Any takers?

I wasn't surprised by his decision at all, Mark comes across as a very loyal person.
But Vettel is a wanker.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Good move to stay since he'd be #2 behind Alonso at Ferrari.
But F1 is not my car racing cuppa tea.
I prefer Club Level Racing, as you can tell from my car on my avatar.
This form of racing is cheap(ish) and offers a greater variety of cars and driver skills.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Jukes Extended said:
I wasn't surprised by his decision at all, Mark comes across as a very loyal person.
But Vettel is a wanker.
Fair enough, no doubt his currency was improved by the win on the weekend but I was just thinking that F1 tech moves quickly and Mercedes and Ferrari are both quicker in a straight line than Red Bull which has been the best car for probably the last three years. But teams rarely keep that mantle. What I'm wondering is could he have hitched his wagon to the wrong star?

69 vintage

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2013
Gotta love the aussie crowds reaction to Vettel missing out on Q3 the loudest cheer all weak .

Wildcat

Tiger Superstar
Oct 25, 2012
Great effort by Ricciardo, seems to be handling the car well even after reports the car wasn't up to scratch yet.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Drivers Championship as of: Canadian Grand Prix:
Germany Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes
Australia Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull

Spain Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
Germany Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull

Going very well is Daniel. Giving Vettel a lesson and challenging for the lead in his first year in a proper car.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Jack Miller two in a row ! What an effort.

What an effort allright! That race had everything. Change of bikes from dry weather to wet weather tyres, double penalty, wet weather tyres slowly deteriorating when track went dry again...
Jack now in the top 4, and great to see the Dukes going well too

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What an effort allright! That race had everything. Change of bikes from dry weather to wet weather tyres, double penalty, wet weather tyres slowly deteriorating when track went dry again...
Jack now in the top 4, and great to see the Dukes going well too
Absolutely. 2 long laps plus he ran off the track when it first got wet. He blitzed them. Super rider in the wet. Much quicker than the rest. Great ride. Awesome.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nice win by Castroneves at the Indy 500. Just finished watching it. 46 y.o. dumped by Roger Penske. Good race by McLaughlin, cruelled by a penalty. Was 7th with a few laps to go before needing fuel.