Forward Scouting! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Forward Scouting!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watching the first matches had me thinking about the ability of clubs to scout upcoming opponents and what they would be doing now since they can't attend games.

Not sure if I read or heard somewhere about access to all match day vision being controlled by the AFL.
Specifically, down the ground stuff and everything that doesn't go to air.

Don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist..... but maybe I'll put it out there for discussion.

I see this as a massive advantage, if a club within it's hierarchy, has someone of enormous media influence, say for instance, the host of Foxfooty's coverage, who also may control the company which provides the score review bunker and who may be able to get access to anything available a little earlier than others!

If the rounds are compressed as we are being led to believe they will be..... every competitive advantage will no doubt be explored and more often than not. .... taken!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Theres only 1 certainty really in volatile this footy season.

Eddie McGuire is still a *smile*.

and he's become an even more powerful and influential *smile*, with a seat on the war cabinet.

anyone know the make up of this cabinet and is Collingwood the only club actively represented?

Uncle Gil will stand up to him and fight for the rights of The People, but he cant do it alone

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Kennett, Pridham from Sydney, Peter Gordon, mcguire and 4 flunkies from the AFL

8 middle aged white blokes I assume?

Surely they asked Peggy, who is clearly the smartest, nicest, most logical, fairest, in-form human in the game right now?

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Everyone gets given the same footage which is basically the broadcast of the game, the full feed of the down the ground cameras and some other stuff and you can request any other footage you like eg shots from front and behind of a goal kicking contest or angles on a stoppage.

It all comes at stages on the Monday each week, if you play Sunday you don't get it until later in the day but apart from that it's an equal playing field.
I don’t think Eddie sees himself as equal!
Anyway, surely if we play last Thursday, they're not making us wait until sometime Monday to see protected footage, especially since at the moment we're scheduled to play this Thursday, potentially Wednesday!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Kennett, Pridham from Sydney, Peter Gordon, mcguire and 4 flunkies from the AFL

To be fair its a good spread. One knows politics inside and out, one the media, one is a lawyer and one a business man.

I can understand the choices. There is no love lost between Pridham and Eddie.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Theres only 1 certainty really in volatile this footy season.

Eddie McGuire is still a ****.
Easy! Are those ears painted on?

I keep telling you to stop praising the pr!ck unnecessarily!!!
:D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Clarkson is in the stands at the Bombers/Freo game so there must be exceptions.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Vision is generally available within 24hrs, most of the time clubs want down the ground vision. Even at NAB League level the vision is made available within 24hrs.