Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No lynch No Prestia No Houli
Cj, Cd and Martyn all playing
Eggy has been selected too

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Exciting side. Finally RCD. Doesn't need to do a lot, just get it and run. CCJ needs to make an impression.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good side for them to test him against as the Pies arent a soft side and can be difficult at times.

Naish and Dow miss out on extended bench, not ideal for them considering theyve been left out for a bloke who is effectyively playing for his Tigers career in Egg but great for the Egg to get another chance to impress.

Pies not far off full strength squad there.

Gonna give us a very good hit out.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Surprised Dow misses out. Not surprised Ross and Naish do. Thought Ross was average last week.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Surprised Dow misses out. Not surprised Ross and Naish do. Thought Ross was average last week.
Cheers My Dear Redness I will acquiesce re Ross's game last week, as I missed it.

Martyn might be a sneaky chance of a Round 1 debut, especially if Dion doesn't get up.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Squad for the Skunks Praccie.

B Balta Astbury Grimes

HB Short Vlastuin Baker

C Caddy Bolton Grover

HF Castagna Edwards Aarts

F Riewoldt Martin CCJ

Ruck - Nank, Cotchin, Lambert

Bench - Rioli, Broad, Graham, Pickett, Chol, Martyn, R.C.D, Egg,

Emergencies - Dow, Naish, Ross, Garth

Injuries - Lynch, Bash, Prestia, Cumberland

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cheers My Dear Redness I will acquiesce re Ross's game last week, as I missed it.

Martyn might be a sneaky chance of a Round 1 debut, especially if Dion doesn't get up.

Ah he was ok but just not anything notable I thought. He’s got time.

Martyn looked like he was playing a bit of a defensive run with role so he might be being designed to free The Fridge up a bit maybe and get him working more pro actively in the clinches and around the ground ? We’ll see I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
2 Phones is on the bench Smokie ;)

Big game for Chol.

The way the Tigers go into round 1 will depend largely on what impact he has if any.
Yep my bad.

At the crossroads is Chol.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Watching the game between Blues and Saints.

Don't know if it just me but this game does not seem like footy as I know it.

Can't put my finger on it, but the game seems a bit strange to me.

Do you think it has become a bit like Rugby with all the running and not much else??

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Yes

Do you think it has become a bit like Rugby with all the running and not much else??
strange alright but fairly bruise free - I would enjoy a bit more phisicality. The players look tired. Maybe still under done but maybe interchange cap? Carlton don’t know how to run both ways

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Just flicked over and saw the half time score. Sounds like its being totally uncontested, seems like a scoreline from AFLX.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That's the full bench that will play right?
I thought it was supposed to be 22 players in the official practice match, could be wrong i guess.
Happy for the club to run a bunch of kids through the game n give them all a bit of a look this game. It's still only practice matches, so it's all about getting some match hardness n game structure happening. Win lose or draw at this time of year is bloody irrelevant.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

I know what you mean. I’m taking it as - only having one true preseason game before Rd 1 and minimizing injury..........well I hope so anyway.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought it was supposed to be 22 players in the official practice match, could be wrong i guess.
Happy for the club to run a bunch of kids through the game n give them all a bit of a look this game. It's still only practice matches, so it's all about getting some match hardness n game structure happening. Win lose or draw at this time of year is bloody irrelevant.

I thought it was 26 allowed to play