Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Not surprised to see the Kochies charging out of the blocks they are traditionally fast starters over the past few seasons even more so last year.

Let em burn themselves out with 120 min games over 23 weeks.

Last years fast start favored them and the Bears as the games were shortened and they had some early wins up. Their form was aided by having 2 months at home and the Bears having their whole season in QLD pretty much apart from 4 games.

Tigers will stick to the tried and true.
Let them wax lyrical over the Kochies because they only got beaten by 6 points in the prelim against the Tigers. What they don’t tell you it was on their dungheap with umpire assistance (7 additional frees) and we actually had 16 scoring shots to 10 in 60% of a normal game time. In a 120 minute game we win easily. They are getting a little ahead of themselves already.

Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I didn't know where else to put this.
Gerhard Healy just said with a plum bob face,
that West Coast "let one slip last year". He was talking about the premiership.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Let them wax lyrical over the Kochies because they only got beaten by 6 points in the prelim against the Tigers. What they don’t tell you it was on their dungheap with umpire assistance (7 additional frees) and we actually had 16 scoring shots to 10 in 60% of a normal game time. In a 120 minute game we win easily. They are getting a little ahead of themselves already.
I expect our pummelling last Qs to come back with a vengeance.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They finished 5th just like in 2019, and then they couldn’t even beat Collingwood at home after the Pies had to quarantine for a week. That’s called a choke Gerard.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

We need a general opposition thread that you can dump general opposition stuff into eg opposition games, opposition observations and opinions, media stuff etc into. Not heaps of individual 1 and 2 page threads. With your background, you’d know what I’m talkin about Tora...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

I'm thinking it was the Bears that *smile* the bed.

Played whole season in their homer state, home finals and still couldn't get it done.

Port was next worst then Geesook.

We had it all to do with the prelim in Adelaide with everyone and everything against us but got it done, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Healy is going senile he needs to be put in a home with Sheedy and Sheehan.

Last edited:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That’s Gerard being Gerard. His West Coast love fest has embarrassed him on a few occasions.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I wouldn't even consider taking Saad he's a cat and cant hit targets, he just looks busy because he runs fast. Overated.
One trick pony. Misses more target's by foot then Duncan Kellaway

• Haha
Feb 25, 2007
Kochies Premiership Faves from Drugs, Cats, and Deeeez and #PieshaveInjuriesagain.

All of this and the Tigers are apparantly at full strength despite being without Lynch, Houli, Prestia, Soldo and Lambert against the Deeez

Interesting.

Dwayne Russell is a dead set moron.

V Dees correct we had no Lynch, Houli, Prestia, Soldo. Lambert and Pickett only came on with 10 mins to go in the last term.
After half time we rested our stars.
Last qtr game in the balance, only 5 points down and the dees midfield was Gawn, Petracca, Jones and Oliver V tiges midfield Chol, Ross, Will Martyn and Dow

V the pies heck we rested Dusty (last qtr), Cotchin & Nank after half time, Grimes and Edwards (last qtr). Whereas the pies kept all their stars on and we still won.

How bout when De Goey went off and Russell says the pies will put de goey in cotton wool, lol rightio the pies were so desperate to win a praccy game, that he was straight back on. It just shows where the 2 clubs are at. We viewed it as giving our kids a good run at it plus senior players getting more game time before resting some of them.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I heard that too.
His love for WC is blinding him.
Johnson asked him where they should finish and he replied in 2 second they should be challenging for the flag.
Healy is a massive Richmond hater.
He alongside David kind, Brad Johnson and Garry Lyon they had all tipped the Adelaide, GWS and Geelong.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Especially as the season wears on
Hardwick said after the game "The game is looks different."
But i can say after watching Friday night, we will kick massive scores during the year.
The KAO's and the man unable to move from standing the mark will just create over lapping play, which we are the masters of.
Good luck catching Castagna, Rioli & Bolton deep in qtrs.
Steve Hocking has just helped us get stronger

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why does the media tip toe around Longmire?
What has he done since 2016?
They are relying on a bloke that who will struggle to put 3 games together and has missed more football in the last 2 years then when Tony Lockett retired and then returned.
Sydney are bottom 4 quality.
There best players yesterday were Parker, Kennedy and Alir Alir (oops sorry, they let a bloke go that was in there best 10 players)
North, Sydney, Hawthorn and Adelaide will all fight for the spoon.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How did Fyfe get a free for that? The Umps must love him . . . hmm, 2 Brownlows, yep, the umps love him.

DS
Freo gets screwed every time they play Wc.
Sheppard slide's into Bamfields legs and takes him out and the fkstick umpire paid Sheppard the free kick for too high.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
We get castigated for having players stage.

Check this out from Fyfe

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...heads-with-fremantles-nat-fyfe-ng-b881814812z

And he got a free kick for it!
The free kick aside, which was bizarre, how can an AFL standard player - and i refer to Langdon here, watch someone's head coming for their face from 15m off, and not take evasive action?

It reminds me of the time my 6 year old nephew got his footy stuck in a pine tree and stood there while i blasted it out with a tennis ball. The footy dislodged and he stood there gazing up as it fell straight onto his face. Like Langdon, no evasive action at all, just a stunned look for a few seconds before he started to cry. I declared then and there that if he ever had ambitions of being an AFL footballer, that ambition would also end in tears.

Reactions: 1 users