Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just to add to their woes I reckon I saw the first signs of Pendleury slowing down in the game against us. He has been unbelievably consistent over his career but I reckon he could be near the end. That's a huge loss for them.

I think they would have wanted to have moved him to half back or half forward by now but due to their list management I don't think they have that luxury.

FWIW I think this is the last year we have of seeing Cotch as a full time midfielder. I reckon next year he will be moved to be a pressure forward, his pressure around the contest and hardness would be massive for us in the forward line.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Freo gets screwed every time they play Wc.
Sheppard slide's into Bamfields legs and takes him out and the fkstick umpire paid Sheppard the free kick for too high.

I don't have the footage of that, but it was bloody awful. Banfield lucky he didn't cop a broken leg or ACL injury.

Not paying the free kick is one thing, but surely that type of conduct can be referred to the tribunal? If not, then the system needs a major overhaul.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Wow.
I say this is the biggest disparity of the three you mentioned, Prestia is an out and out gun. Taylor is not.
Each to their own though.

We all know Prestia is a dead set gun but Adams is a gun too, seen enough of him. He and Pendles carry their midfield. I think you're underselling him just a tad.

Last edited:

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Finally got to watch the game.

Gee Dusty looks fit. I've never him chase as much as he did.

RCD looks keen. Doesn't shy from contact like I thought he used to. Looks to be very comfortable at the level now. Needs to play the ball more to advantage. I'm sure Dusty and co will be right onto him about that.

Kudos to Caddy. He really looks to have overtaken Pickett for that wing position. He is not the quickest but he is right up there as the smartest. His positioning is elite and he can sniff a goal as good as any small forward. Play him wing/forward to maximise those traits.

Pickett seems to have fallen into listening to the devil on his other shoulder. Take the first option its right there! "no don't Marlion, there might be others"... I think it would be wise for someone to tell him to keep it simple. It is pleasing to see he is spending more time around the stoppages. There were a few classic Marlion stoppage gems the other night where he finds a way to get the ball out of congestion and to advantage. This and his pressure game are his strengths. I prefer to see him inside more, so play him as a Mid/Wing.

KMAC has really developed into our pure wingman. He just runs runs and runs and has that size to gallop into space.

CCJ crashes packs, Chol avoids them. Easy decision for me. Looking forward to Rnd 6.

Love Will Martyns style too. He reminds of a younger, more agile Miles. Tough inside and a good outside game too. Thank you Brisbane.

Not completely sold on Egg after that game. Hangs out too much. Seagulls. I hope we hold onto our last spot for Mid Season.

Reactions: 1 user